WASH Program Manager
The WASH Program Manager (PM) oversees all WASH activities in WRSS’s areas of operation, reporting to the Program Director. This is in coordination with the Area Coordinators and program staff in those areas, as WRSS employs an area-based management strategy. WASH programming includes Water Supply, WASH NFIs, Hygiene Promotion, and Sanitation. The WASH PM will oversee the rollout of new manual drilling activities in remote field locations. The WASH PM will represent WRSS at appropriate coordination forums, make significant contributions for proposal development, and advise the Program Director (PD) and Country Director (CD) on an overall WASH strategy. Based in Juba, the WASH PM will make regular visits to field locations for extended periods of time, including hardship locations and insecure environments.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Manage supervision of all WASH programming in all locations in South Sudan.
• Rollout and oversee the implementation of the new manual drilling strategy in remote field locations.
• Supervise the safe and efficient management of WASH supplies and equipment.
• Support the implementation of timely and accurate data collection systems, monitor data for accuracy, and respond appropriately with programmatic changes as needed to meet targets.
• Assess staff training needs and make appropriate referrals for training. Regularly organize, facilitate and/or provide training of WASH personnel and other staff as part of the integrated, multi-sectoral response.
• Play an active role in investigating upcoming opportunities and the development of proposals, budgets, and project review processes.
• Coordinate WASH activities with the appropriate internal and external stakeholders at the national and local levels.
• Ensure compliance with relevant standards and guidelines to guard quality and accountability.
• Maintain clear communication with all staff on at least a weekly basis.
• Promote the development of a sustainable WASH program by offering creative ideas and new approaches to solving problems.
• Coordinate with other World Relief programs in each field with full support for an integrated approach to community development.
• Reflect an example of true Christian character and mission in all interactions with WR staff and community members.
• Work to strengthen the local church’s capacity for supporting health initiatives.
• Any other duties assigned by the PD.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Excellent oral and written fluency in English required, and fluency in Arabic a bonus. Must be able to write in professional English for document submission without requiring a proofreader.
- Good understanding of links between emergency and development programs, familiar with project cycle management.
- Technical knowledge in implementing WASH emergency programming.
- Strong planning and organizational skills; experience in good project planning and design.
- Ability to manage budgets, understand financial accountability procedures, logistics, and commodity tracking.
- Conflict resolution and negotiation skills. Interpersonal and Cross-cultural sensitivity and experience.
- Computer and IT expertise highly preferred. Excellent skills in Microsoft Office required.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and to deal with problems and issues both promptly and efficiently.
- Ability and willingness to travel to rural locations and live in sometimes basic conditions.
- Bachelor’s degree in hydrology, water engineering, civil engineering, international development or related degree. Master’s degree preferred.
- Three years’ related professional experience, managing or providing technical advise in WASH programs.
- Must have experience with drilling, preferably manual methods, and installing water supply infrastructure.
- Two years’ experience in hardship postings or complex emergencies, with proven leadership experience.
- Experience in donor reporting e.g. USAID, EU, CIDA, UN Agencies preferred.
- Able to work in a fluid and insecure area; Maturity and ability to adjust to harsh living conditions.
How to apply
Apply online directly at:
southsudanJobs.com is the place for jobseekers to find the job of their dreams and for recruiters to advertise their vacancies to find/reach the right candidates.