The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO representatives, is to assistant governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner to ensure zero hunger in the country. FAO provides support in three priority areas: sustainable increase in production and productivity, agriculture-based economic growth, and increased resilience of livelihoods to threats and crisis.
The current portfolio of projects in South Sudan includes activities related to agriculture (crop), livestock, Fisheries, Natural Resource management, food information systems is implemented with humanitarian, transitional and development funding. The incumbent will contribute to the country’s programme and portfolio as foreseen in the project he/she will coordinate and be assigned.
The Warehouse Assistant will work under the overall supervision of the Head of field office and direct supervision of the Logistics Associate.
- Track entry and exit of goods from the FAO field office warehouse and ensure the right procedure is followed
- Update stock cards whenever goods are received or issued.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Ensure that the best practices of warehousing are in place;
- Keep the warehouse clean, ventilated and well organised;
- Regularly carry out physical inventory of the warehouse content;
- Report any damages that happen to goods during storage;
- Ensure that safety and security measures are in place at the warehouse at all times;
- Perform other duties assigned by the supervisor.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields; Administrative management, logistics and warehouse, rural development, agricultural science/economics.
- Three years working experience in warehouse management
- South Sudan National.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results focus
- Building effective relationships
- Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
- Strong computer, word processing, and statistical skills.
- Working knowledge of English and Arabic will be an added advantage
- Experience in handling web based information management system.
- Proven supply management skills
Application Deadline: November 8, 2020