Chemonics seeks a technical director for an anticipated multiyear USAID-funded HIV/AIDS project in South Sudan. This position is anticipated to be based in Juba with regional travel as needed. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide leadership and support the chief of party with clinical and technical direction to improve the prevention and care and treatment cascade through greater patient-centered services and by strengthening ministry of health governance
- Supervise and provide continuous mentoring to clinical teams, technical specialists, and other program staff
- Use surveillance data to inform programming and tailor interventions that close gaps for all age and population groups
- Ensure use of timely and high-quality data for patient management
- Ensure the technical soundness and appropriateness of all project assistance and clinical service delivery
- Be innovative and implement strategies that demonstrably increase testing yields using index testing, reduce lost-to-follow-up (LTFU) through “recapture” campaigns using data to identify those who have fallen out of care, and other applicable approaches to address unmet needs and close gaps in the treatment continuum
- Lead effective remote quality assurance and mentoring programs for hard to reach or inaccessible locations
- Oversee and monitor site level performance, including clinical work planning, performance management, case finding, and care continuum linkage approaches
- Identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner and make appropriate program adjustments
- Minimum of a master’s degree in public health, epidemiology, or a related discipline
- At least eight years of relevant development experience working as a senior level manager in public health programs in a developing country, preferably in PEPFAR supported HIV clinical service delivery programs
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and experience in all components of HIV/AIDS programming, as well as cross-cutting areas such as health systems strengthening (HSS)
- Proven experience analyzing data and leading service scale-up
- Proven experience utilizing data to increase efficiency and streamline programs
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required
How to apply
Application Instructions: Please apply through https://ghdrecruit.formstack.com/forms/southsudan_ahec Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the positions are filled. No telephone inquiries, please. Only finalists will be contacted.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form and submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com with only South Sudan AHEC in the subject line.
If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/EU-Recruiting-Data-Privacy-Notice-12.2018.pdf
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.