Teamup trainer Officer-Maban (National Contract)
As a Team Up Facilitator you are part of an enthusiastic team of Team Up Facilitators. You and your team facilitate movement-based activities for conflict-children aged between 6 and 18 at a fixed time each week. Each activity has a specific theme and purpose. These activities make up a programmed that helps teach children learn how to deal with difficult emotions such as anger, fear and stress.
A Team Up Facilitator contributes to the social and emotional development of the participating children – and thereby help reduce the risk of them experiencing social and emotional problems in the long term. Facilitators receive mentoring on the job where they can discuss the Team Up methodology,
As a facilitator you have child safeguarding and child protection responsibilities. You can recognize signs of unusual behavior of children and, if necessary, refer children to specialized care and support services. Facilitators receive comprehensive training on how to carry out these functions before they start working with children.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree or Diploma in social sciences, counselling, psychology, social work or any other relevant field.
- At least 2 years work experience in Child Protection, Education or MHPSS programs
- Proven capacity to train staff
- Practical experience on child protection and MHPSS and approaches of working with children
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills, ethical sensitivity and ability to empathise with children, youth and their carers
Contract Duration: 5 Months
Location: Maban Field Office, South Sudan.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://southsudan.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS4wODE0MS4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20