Forcier Consulting is currently recruiting a Team Leader for an anticipated UNOPS project in South Sudan. Candidates for this position should be senior-level professionals with a proven track record of successfully implementing and managing monitoring and evaluation work in South Sudan. The Team Leader will be responsible for oversight of the project, management of various team members and communication with a multitude of stakeholders.
The Team Leader’s proposed responsibilities are aimed at providing overall leadership and management to Forcier’s role in the project with a focus on achieving the high quality deliverables defined in the contract. This individual will be expected to foresee and identify areas of risk related to project implementation and suggest appropriate solutions and adjustments in a time efficient manner. The position requires significant organizational skills, broad technical knowledge, experience in South Sudan and skills to ensure efficiency and quality in the face of evolving deadlines.
- Master’s Degree in Management, development Management, development studies, Development economics, Social sciences, International relations, Organisational Development, or Public administration or Management or equivalent is required.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience years’ experience in project management and team management skills, particularly in managing large scale survey/monitoring projects, and ability to prioritize tasks and meet multiple deadlines in a complex environment.
- Evidence of analytical ability, management experience, process audit experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy and tact to effectively communicate with senior-level officials, multiple stakeholders and professionals from diverse cultural and professional backgrounds
Forcier isn’t the place for everyone. But for those who do find us to be a good fit, they can’t imagine being anywhere else. Our company operates with five immutable laws. If these don’t resonate with you, working with us probably won’t be a good fit for you. If they speak to you, you’ll find a new home with us.
- Be nice or leave. All our staff at all stages deserve to be treated professionally and with respect. Discrimination, racism, tribalism, sexism, and neo-colonialist language will not be tolerated. This goes for internal and external interactions.
- This is a stress free zone. The places where we work are stressful enough, we don’t need to add extra pressure. Increasing stress increases the likelihood of errors. We all work to minimize stress together.
- We embrace a strong work ethic and a strong rest ethic. We believe that balance is critical to long-term success. We all work together to avoid burnout on our teams and ensure that team members have the opportunity to frequently and regularly take complete time off. We recognize the needs for every team member may be unique depending on their individual circumstances.
- Safety first. We never put staff or partners in harm’s way for any reason, and we do not ask staff to go places or complete work with which they do not feel personally comfortable – for any reason. We do not offer financial incentives for people to take additional risk (hazard pay).
- Quality is paramount. We stand behind the integrity of our work. We don’t cut corners and we deliver the absolute best product possible every single time, both internally and externally.
How to apply
Visit our website:
Submit your CV and Cover Letter