Org. Setting and Reporting
This position is in Juba Headquarters, in the United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS). The incumbent reports generally to the Chief Child Protection and directly to the Administrative Assistant.
Under the general supervision of the Chief Child Protection and direct supervision of the Administrative Assistant, the Team Assistant shall perform the following duties:
- Reviews,records, routes and/or processes mail or other documents; gathers pertinent background material; tracks and monitors follow-up action as required;
- Prepare monthly request for office supplies,scan and photocopy documents for binding when required;
- Dispatch Cargo Movement Requests (CMR) with suggested material for transportation to the State Field Offices;
- Print, photocopy, arrange training materials for Unit outreach activities;
- Liaise with the other UNMISS Sections (i.e Supply, Engineering, IT in ensuring that the required needs of the Unit are provided);
- Manage, distribute, and maintain stock of stationery and promotional items of the Unit;
- Submit monthly requests, to ensure availability of supplies, by taking regular stock of stationery and other promotional materials;
- Assist in logistic arrangements prior to meetings, conferences, trainings when required;
- Request accommodation for staff of the Unit on Official travel to the Field;
- Prepare Movement of Personnel (MOP) and Security Clearance for staff members traveling to the states;
- Monitor attendance of the Staff members;
- Liaise with CITS unit for maintenance of electronic equipment in the office;
- Assist in processing Low Value Acquisitions (LVAs) and Cash Advance Request (CARs) and all other projects managed through UN agencies like UNDP, UNOPS for the Unit’s programmatic activities;
- Engage with local interlocutors like SSPDF/SSNPS to arrange activities and delivery of materials and correspondence;
- Able to replace the Administrative Assistant during the absence of the incumbent.
Shows pride in work and in achievements. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges.
Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view. Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect. Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects. Meet timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Speaks and writes clearly and effectively. Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately. Asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication. Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
High school diploma or equivalent is required. Post-secondary education at college, university or specialized training institution in office management/business administration; technical and communications skills is an asset.
- A minimum of three (4) years of experience in administration and general office support or related area is required.
- Computer literacy and knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint or equivalent software is required
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required; and knowledge of other languages spoken in South Sudan is an advantage.
- Competence Based Interview.
- Other assessment methods
Deadline: 23 December 2020