TEACHING AND TRAINING SPECIALIST
South Sudan Jobs
World Education, Inc. seeks candidates for the position of TEACHING AND LEARNING SPECIALIST for communities affected by Internally Displaced People (IDP) and Refugees in South Sudan. The work will take place in an anticipated 3-year USAID-funded education and resilience project. The objective of the project is to create access to learning opportunities for children and youth between 3 and 18 years old. It aims to establish safe, protective learning environments while reinforcing resilience efforts and recovery for young people affected by conflict and their
communities. The T&L Specialist will be based in Juba. WEI is looking for individuals who are willing and able to commit themselves full time.
Roles and Responsibilities:
● Lead the development and implementation of a teacher professional development strategy for community-based education programs.
● Provide support to the development of literacy and numeracy teaching and learning material
for Early Childhood Development, Early Grade Reading and Numeracy and Functional Literacy and Numeracy programs.
● Establish and implement a mechanism for selection and intake of teachers, defining clear
benchmarks, skills, knowledge assessments and safe vetting protocols.
● Provide guidance to implement life skills and peace building activities at community level.
● Work with formal and non-formal education stakeholders.
● Develop and implement a cascade training approach including quality assurance practices on all levels.
● Establish and implement a supervision and coaching mechanism on State, County and Payam level that includes practical and adaptive tools for coaching.
● Provide technical support in the development of training approaches; distance training and development of training guides.
● Develop strategies to ensure gender equity among groups of teacher trainers and community-based teachers.
● Establish and implement protocols to provide incentives to teachers, following evidence-based teacher incentive pay structures.
● Work with Social Emotional Learning specialists to ensure that trainers and teachers apply conflict-sensitive and trauma-informed approaches.
● Advanced degree (Masters/PhD) in Education or other related field.
● At least 5 years of proven experience in technical areas related to literacy, numeracy or teacher professional development.
● At least two (2) years of relevant experience working with an international development or humanitarian organization.
● Demonstrated experience in managing and capacity building of diverse teams
● Ability to work as part of a team with in country staff and external consultants.
● Deep understanding of the socio-emotional and educational challenges in IDP and refugee
camps and their surrounding communities.
● Experience working with USAID or other international donor guidelines and reporting mechanisms.
● Knowledge and or experience working in various areas in South Sudan.
● Proficiency speaking, writing and reading in English is required.
● Proficiency in speaking in Arabic desired and in one or more of the following languages; Dinka, Nuer, Toposa, Bari, Zande
How to apply
Please submit CV/resume and cover letter before June 23 12.00 EST via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WEI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply. M/F/H/V/D
southsudanJobs.com is the place for jobseekers to find the job of their dreams and for recruiters to advertise their vacancies to find/reach the right candidates.