Supply Chain Manager
Role & Responsibilities
Ensure quality goods and services are delivered in a timely, cost effective manner to Medair Projects. Take an active lead role in the management of the country supply chain for the South Sudan Programme in close coordination and liaison with the Juba transport coordinator and field locations. All activities are carried out in line with Medair policies and procedures and according to any applicable donor, GSO or field guidelines.
Multi-sector relief and rehabilitation programme including: provision of primary and emergency health care, water and sanitation, and non-food items and emergency shelter to assist in reducing morbidity and mortality in vulnerable populations of South Sudan.
Medair South Sudan is planning to implement Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance & Supply Chain Management in the near future. The SCM has a significant role in this project, both in preparing for the implementation as well as the actual rollout in South Sudan. In collaboration with the project team located at GSO, the SCM will be involved and takes the lead in process mapping, data analysis and transformation, testing, and training. The challenge is to transform a low-tech supply chain into a modern supply chain management organisation. Also, help to develop the team skills to be aligned with this new environment.
Workplace & Conditions
Field based position in Juba, South Sudan. Take a look at Medair’s work in South Sudan.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, 24 months.
Key Activity Areas
Supply Chain Management
- Strategically manage and oversee the supply chain for Medair South Sudan to ensure all Medair field projects receive required supplies and equipment accurately, and to required quality.
- Manage and disseminate information relating to orders and report supply chain status to the projects, GSO and donors.
- Develop and maintain an efficient and transparent workflow process of the supply chain in Juba.
- Proactively engage with key staff to ensure project planning and budgeting incorporates adequate funding for logistics capacity and resources for the supply chain.
- Support the GSO Dynamics 365 implementation from Excel base working environment to a total cloud base financial and supply chain solution.
- Analyse data from shipping and delivering processes to find bottlenecks and other issues, and provide insights to the relevant stakeholders.
- Responsible for the data lifecycle management for the supply chain.
- Manage the processing of local, regional and international purchase requests.
- Keep the Back Order File up-to-date, ensuring accurate and up-to-date information is disseminated to relevant stakeholders.
- Support the implementation procurement planning in collaboration with the projects. Implement selected supplier lists, price lists, conduct price controls, market research and consolidate orders where possible.
- Oversee the tax exemption and customs clearances processes.
- Ensure proper documentation of supply chain processes from purchase requests to receipt of goods.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with project managers, suppliers, local authorities, other NGOs and any other stakeholders, representing Medair.
- Manage the supply chain process of Gift-in-kind (GIK) from local implementing partners (including WFP, UNICEF, UNFPA, UNHCR, WHO).
- Manage and oversee the assigned procurement team, including recruitment, day-to-day management, development and training, and appraisals.
- Facilitate regular team meetings with the procurement team, reviewing team and individual objectives, ensuring team members are kept informed of issues relevant to their work and providing an opportunity for feedback.
- Ensure the procurement team members receive relevant and appropriate supervision, coaching, mentoring and training to develop their personal and professional skills, knowledge and understanding.
- Maintain a high level of quality assurance in checking goods and timely delivery.
- Ensure adequate record-keeping with an accurate paper trail and electronic records.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work, live, and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Professional / vocational / technical qualification in a relevant field.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
Experience / Competencies
- Experience in Supply Chain processes/information flows. 2+ years’ experience in Procurement.
- NGO experience. Work experience in logistics, preferably in an NGO setting.
- Computer literate with excellent Excel skills. Good knowledge of relevant software and ERP systems.
- Data analysis, manipulation and transformation.
- Problem solving ability. Planning, assessment and analytical skills. Good numerical and report writing.
- Knowledge and experience of primary health care principles and management.
- Able to prioritise clearly and oversee multiple tasks. Able to take the initiative in project decisions.
- Able to enforce procedures. Able to set clear objectives for staff and to delegate.
How to apply
Before you apply
Please ensure you are fully aware of the:
b) Medair is committed to safeguarding the protection of beneficiaries, volunteers, staff and partners, and particularly children. Therefore, we do not employ staff whose background we understand to be unsuitable for working with children. Medair staff are required to give the utmost respect to, and comply with, Medair’s accountability policies and best practices.
c) Key Profiles & Benefits Package provided for Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS).
d) Medair Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC) (which forms part of the recruitment selection process for field positions).
To apply, go to this vacancy on our Medair page. Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed.