Supply Chain Assistant
UNV is the volunteer-sending arm of the UN System Agencies, Programmes and Funds, since 1970. Over 30,000 UNVolunteers, from different professional and specialist background, have served under the principles of the UN Chart, for peace and development in over 140 countries. The UNVs come from over 150 countries around the world to work in UN led programmes and projects supporting development needs, humanitarian assistance and electoral processes. Working in association with local and international NGOs and CBOs, the UN Volunteers support capacity building processes working at community level, with especial emphasis in volunteer-led or volunteer-supported development action. UNV is also the focal point of the UN System for the International Year of Volunteer (IYV-2001) and more recently was nominated by the UN General Assembly to lead the UNITeS (United Nations Information Technology Services), a Secretary General’s initiative for bridging the “digital divide”. UNV is headquartered in Bonn – Germany.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of Warehouse Officer/Supervisor, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Receiving and processing requests for goods and preparing the pick list and issue vouchers for approved requests;
- Preparing inventory for delivery against approved issue vouchers and ensuring timely delivery of goods to the beneficiaries;
- Supporting identification of “minimum, restock (re-order) and maximum stock levels” of Supply warehouse materials;
- Preparing various Warehouse Activity Reports including Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), inventory, one hundred percent (100%) expendable accuracy and statistics reports;
- Providing supervision and training to junior personnel in stock handling, records keeping, receiving and inspection, operations in the warehouse, delivery of goods and reception of proper documentation for items supplied;
- Ensuring that the Warehouse personnel carefully monitors the handling of issue vouchers, picking of stock and preparation of issue vouchers for delivery to clients, in order to avoid potential mistakes in the process;
- Tracking the issue and consumption of expendable items and developing scales of issue;
- Supporting the initiation of write-off actions and coordinating with Service Support Sections/Claims/Board of Survey (BOS)/Local Property Survey Board (LPSB). Updating asset status in the Galileo system;
- Undertaking the conduct of monthly stock take of expendable items. Conducting annual full physical inventories as required;
- Verifying inventory stock levels based on demand history. Reviewing demand history and verifying Days of Supply (DOS) levels for on hand stock, safety stock levels and minimum/maximum levels for inventory. Implementing measures to prevent a stock out situation for fast-moving items from occurring and preparing stock replenishment lists for approval of the Warehouse Officer;
- Receiving, storing, maintaining, security and issuing of stocks to the Integrated Warehouse customers and maintaining an accurate transaction history for all receipts and issues. Conducting proper warehouse housekeeping on a continuous basis. Ensuring all items received for storage are labelled, properly arranged in the storage shelves/bins and correctly entered into the database;
- Supporting the planning of goods requirements for the entitled customers in the region. Liaising with the County Support Base (CSB) Administration Staff regarding CSB requirements;
- Ensuring database accuracy for the movement of stock in the warehouse. When discrepancies are noted, initiating investigation and correction of database records as required;
- Submitting reports at prescribed time intervals for activities in all warehouses to management;
- Performing any other related tasks as may be required by the Warehouse Officer or State Administrator.
Qualifications/Requirements Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent Education – Additional Comments:
First level degree preferably in Business Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or Commerce.
Required experience: 36 Months Experience remark:
Minimum of three (3) years experience in warehousing and inventory management in retail logistics and/or exposure to any of the Supply Chain Management functional components.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Logistics and supply management Area of expertise details:
Solid computer skills, including full proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word etc.) and other IT applications and office technology equipment;
Other skills/experience and qualifications
- Proven ability to analyse data;
- Experience in a large international organization is an advantage;
- Have a valid driver’s license and proven ability to drive manual gear 4×4 vehicles. Holding a fork lift license is an advantage;
- Have affinity with or interest in humanitarian relief, post-conflict situations, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System;
- Sound security awareness.
Driving license: Yes Competencies values:
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.