Strategic Information Manager
CMMB South Sudan is an associate of the Catholic Mission Board Inc, a USA based organization predominantly working in the health sector. With programs ranging from general health services and Nutrition to HIV and a major Covid-19 response emergency program that require detailed monitoring and the analysis and presentation of large data. CMMB South Sudan is in the process of upgrading its M&E support team in the South Sudan Country Office, headed by a Strategic Information Manager.
CMMB South Sudan therefore seeks a highly qualified and motivated Strategic Information Manager to lead the the Country Office M&E Strategy and improve the quality of data for evidence-based approaches and decision making, as well as for organizational learning and documentation.
Reporting to the Program Director, the Strategic Information Manager will support the Country Office in meeting global, national, and organizational standards of performance in its programming. Key to this will be supporting program teams to conduct planning, monitoring, evaluation and learning to improve program effectiveness, efficiency, and sustainability. The role will ensure this through the development of M&E tools, capacity building, regular evaluation of program data and improvement in a user-friendly data presentation for different audiences. They will work with Project Managers to ensure the right set of data are accurately documented, analyzed and shared for timely decision making; generate data, pictures and stories for the CMMB International website, develop a standard archiving system for project information; and inform for business development teams. The Strategic Information Manager will have a dotted managing responsibility of project/program level M&E Officers, and work to develop a strong M&E team that works across programs to harmonize standards and encourage integration in our programming.
The Strategic Information Manager (SIM) is the lead technical expert responsible for all strategic information responsibilities with an emphasis on CHAMPs (Children and Mothers Partnerships Program) as well as other CMMB program initiatives that contribute to the impact of CHAMPs intervention. Responsibilities include strategic DM&E planning, capacity building, streamlining related tools and sorting data for analysis and reporting. The SIM incumbent will lead activity efforts to strengthen monitoring and evaluation, and performance reporting within the geographic areas as well as HMIS2 reporting on the Ministry of Health information management system at county level. Where our programs work with local partners, he/she will assess and oversee M&E support to partner organizations.
Monitoring Evaluation Learning and Documentation:
· Provide technical guidance in the generation of strategic information for program and project level decision making in relation to programme performance monitoring, planning, resource mobilisation, strategic positioning and programme design.
· Develop an M&E strategy for the Country Office in line with the program strategy and the Country Office vision 2025.
· Manage project evaluations including synthesis of information and managing dissemination towards improved knowledge sharing/management.
· Support management and accountability through routine, accurate collection and reporting of information that confirms status of program activities based on log frames.
· Facilitate data utilisation including guiding routine project performance monitoring ensuring provision of analytical data to inform effective programming Quality Assurance (QA)/Quality Improvement (QI)
· Facilitate assessments and operational research in consultation with the regional M&E officers for contextual understanding, identifying opportunities, vulnerabilities, capacities, and resources, deciding feasibility, and setting priorities.
· Lead project MEL start-ups, periodic reviews, and close outs of major programs, including supporting assessments, surveys, and final evaluations.
· Support Project Managers to generate related internal and external reporting information, advising on development of tools for complex data collection, and agreeing on best presentation formats of the different audience.
· Extend the support to local partners sub-granted to undertake specific works, to ensure their reports are accurate and informs on the status of program activities.
· Support programs in encouraging accountability and feedback through practical mechanisms accessible to the stakeholders and communities we serve, including tele-feedback mechanisms for communities and regular joint monitoring visits followed by facilitated feedback meeting.
· Manage project MEL team ensuring adequate staffing and capacity.
· Identify capacity development opportunities for the Country Office M&E team and Program/Project Managers, focusing on MEL.
· Develop a vibrant and cohesive MEL Team in the Country Office, through providing resources, keeping an open communication, and providing timely feedback.
· Support program teams on the job, ensuring timely and accurate generation of data and as relevant, ensure the entry of data into the relevant donor assigned data reporting systems.
· Build program capacity in the accurately lifting, analyzing and use of data generated for decision making, reporting and donor presentation.
· Strengthen the use of technology in the data collection, analysis, and presentation, and support the generation of report structures and design for external consumption.
· Work with the respective MEL teams of the local partners sub-granted, as part of the organizational capacity building, including in generating M&E tools and complex data, undertaking reviews and evaluations, producing analysis, and using these for evidence-based decision making.
Information Sharing and Archiving:
· Work with the country office to develop a practical archiving system that enables easy access and disposal based on CMMB related guidelines.
· Identify, document, and disseminate technical and project materials and success stories from field programs for Proposal development and information sharing (website).
· Provide specific sets of data required by the Country Director and beyond, for decision making, influencing, and lobbying.
· Develop a country office archiving system that is practical for easy retrieving of data.
· Ability to package information and learning data for internal and external studies, audits, and evaluations as well as sharing learning.
· Other duties as requested by the Country Office.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS
· University degree in Social Sciences, Information Management, Statistics, or other relevant fields.
· High proficiency in Excel, SSPS and off the shelf databases
· At least 7 years of experience in strategic information management and learning with an INGO, of which at least 2 years are at a country office level.
· Demonstrated experience in developing MEL strategies, tools, and systems at Country Office level, including mobile data collection techniques.
· Demonstrable high-quality communication, both writing and verbal presentation.
· A conceptual understanding of health related and Community Projects framework
· Proven competency in data entry and analysis with a focus on health sector programming complemented by meticulous attention to detail.
· Strategic thinker with strong business and analytical skills.
· High ability to work independently with sound decision making.
· Cultural sensitivity and ability to effectively engage participants of different cultures and backgrounds.
· Dynamic, innovative, results and action-oriented team player.
· Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with experience managing human resources.
· Fluent in English both written and spoken.
· Strong facilitation and capacity building skills
· Effective and efficient organizational skills with ability to stay focused in a fast pace environment.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with hands on approach and responsible delegation.
· Empathy with CMMB’s Vision, Mission, Goals and Objectives and ability to communicate them both internally and externally.
How to apply
Interested applicants should submit their application together with resume/CV to CMMBSouthSudanJobs@cmmb.org indicating position applied for on the subject line. Include telephone and email contacts of 3 references and your daytime telephone/cell phone contact. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that given the urgency to fill this position, CMMB may shortlist and interview before the deadline; candidates are therefore encouraged to apply immediately. CMMB SS promotes gender equality and encourages qualified female candidates to apply. Candidates from outside the WES State will be required to quarantine for 14 days prior to travel and so they may have to start working remotely with the teams on the ground. CMMB will work with them to provide the required resources to make this possible.