SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING SPECIALIST
South Sudan Jobs
World Education, Inc. seeks candidates for the position of SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING (SEL) SPECIALIST for communities affected by Internally Displaced People (IDP) and Refugees in South Sudan. The work will take place in an anticipated 3-year USAID-funded education and resilience project. The objective of the project is to create access to learning opportunities for children and youth between 3 and 18 years old. It aims to establish safe, protective learning environments while reinforcing resilience efforts and recovery for young people affected by conflict and their communities. The SEL Specialist will be based in Juba. WEI is looking for individuals who are willing and able to commit themselves full time.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Provide technical leadership to expand learning opportunities for children and youth in a safe and protective
● Develop strategies to engage communities in building a school environment that promotes recovery and
● Develop mechanisms to build capacity of Parent Teacher Associations (PTA) and School Management
Committees (SMC) in supporting conflict sensitive and peace building education.
● Lead the development of effective psychosocial support organized by Community Based Teachers, PTA
● Oversee conflict-sensitive and trauma-informed SEL, Peace building and Resilience in teaching and learning
material development, training and monitoring.
● Liaise with government stakeholders and other agencies working with communities, PTAs and SMC in
Social Emotional Learning, Conflict Mitigation and Peace building.
● Regular travel to monitor progress and coach program staff and community members.
● Advanced degree (Masters/PhD) in Social Emotional Learning, Peace building or Conflict Mitigation or
● At least five (5) years of proven experience in technical areas related to this role
● At least two (2) years of relevant experience working with an international development or humanitarian
● Demonstrated experience in managing and capacity building of diverse teams
● Ability to work as part of a team with in country staff and external consultants.
● Deep understanding of the socio-emotional and educational challenges in IDP and refugee camps and their
● Experience working with USAID or other international donor guidelines and reporting mechanisms.
● Knowledge and or experience working in various areas in South Sudan.
● Proficiency speaking, writing and reading in English is required.
● Proficiency in speaking in Arabic desired and in one or more of the following languages; Dinka, Nuer,
Toposa, Bari, Zande
How to apply
Please submit CV/resume and cover letter before June 23 12.00 EST via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WEI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply. M/F/H/V/D
southsudanJobs.com is the place for jobseekers to find the job of their dreams and for recruiters to advertise their vacancies to find/reach the right candidates.