Senior Human Resources Officer
South Sudan Jobs southsudanjobs.com
We are Dorcas and we desire justice, both for people and their communities, so that they flourish. We strive for lasting change for those who live in poverty, are excluded, or are caught in a crisis.
We are a Christian organization and we work prayerfully. We value entrepreneurship and are ready to go off the beaten track. We desire to partner with everyone who shares our mission. We have country offices in Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Dorcas has been operating in South Sudan since 2009. Currently we are implementing projects in FSL, nutrition, WASH, vocational training and entrepreneurship in Western Bahr El Ghazal (Wau and Jur River) and Warrap (Gogrial West). Dorcas South Sudan is a self-implementing organization, but we also work closely together with national implementing partners. Our main office is located in Wau.
Dorcas South Sudan is looking for an English-speaking, South Sudanese, for the position of:
Senior Human Resources Officer
(Stationed in Wau, Western Bahr El Ghazal State)
Starting date: as soon as possible
Duration: 12 months, renewal subject to performance and funding
Key Result Areas
The Senior HR Officer will lead the Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance team culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment & selection and ongoing development of staff.
The Senior HR Officer is responsible for the implementation of Dorcas’ HR-policy and ongoing improvement of HR policies and procedures. This includes, but is not limited to recruitment, HR-files management, performance management, linking and relation with government authorities and ensuring adherence to relevant labour laws and policies.
The Senior HR Officer is a member of the management team.
Education, professional work experience and other qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or Business Administration. A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years HR experience in a similar (senior) position.
- Excellent knowledge of the South Sudan labour laws.
- Proven experience in the development of HR policies & procedures, recruitment & selection and performance management.
- Excellent planning, analytical and information seeking skills.
- Proactive, flexible, problem solver and team player.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English, with the ability to initiate and draft correspondence.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and interpersonal and cultural sensitivity.
- Settled character with ability to cope with stressful, delicate and possibly dangerous situations.
- Being a Christian, adhering to the Christian identity of Dorcas.
- Full support for the vision and mission of Dorcas.
What we offer
- Working environment with scope for professional and personal development.
- Being part of a dedicated, motivated and intercultural team.
- Dorcas offers a gender sensitive working environment.
- A competitive salary that takes into account the qualification and experience of the candidate.
How to apply
If you believe that your qualifications meets the requirement of the position above, kindly submit your application (including CV, academic credential, copy of your Nationality ID or passport, and contact details of 3 previous supervisors) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 3 November 2020. Please indicate clearly the post you are applying for, in the subject of your email and application documents.
Preference is given to South Sudanese Nationals, also South Sudanese in diaspora are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further selection processes.
All staff is required to sign and adhere to the Dorcas Code of Conduct including Child Safeguarding (following guidelines of PSEA- Protection against Sexual Exploitation and abuse). Recruitment is subject to successful completion of all applicable background checks, including references and criminal record checks. You can find the Dorcas Code of Conduct at our website: https://www.dorcas.org/approach/
southsudanJobs.com is the place for jobseekers to find the job of their dreams and for recruiters to advertise their vacancies to find/reach the right candidates.