Resilience Technical Specialist
The Resilience Technical Specialist will be the main focal point for roll out of the Country Office’s recently developed Resilience Approach and Strategy, as well provide an overall technical and strategic support that cross-cuts all areas of the country office programs and sectors. More specifically, the Resilience TS is responsible for providing technical support during needs assessment and the whole cycles of program (design, implementation, learning, evaluation and reporting). S/he will ensure that all program’s research and learning agenda is designed and routinely iterated to build a robust evidence base for informing strategic investments for driving resilience outcomes. Working across all program areas, and in close collaboration with the thematic Technical Specialists, Program Managers and MEAL team, s/he will support all the strategic programs to routinely analyze emergent findings of research and learning activities through a systems lens with focus on implications for risks and opportunities. The Resilience TS is responsible for leading resilience learning and acting on evidence that emerges and adapt or develop program tools to better incorporate a resilience approach, drawing from good practices and improving in line with the ‘Resilience Programming Strategic Approach’ of Save the Children.
The incumbent of this position represents Save the Children values and principles in interactions with staff and external audiences. These values and principles include commitment to the mission of Save the Children International, team orientation, quality management and leadership development, introducing systems and procedures to strengthen staff motivation and productivity.
Qualifications and Experience
- University/College BA/BSc Degree and/or Advanced Degree in related field (e.g International Development Studies, Disaster Risk Management, Climate Resilience, Conflict Management and Peace Building, Economics, Rural Development; or other relevant fields of study)
- At least 8 years of relevant experiences designing, supporting implementations and monitoring of multi-sector programs in the area of disaster risk management, climate resilience, economic resilience, peace building and conflict resolution, natural resource management, livelihoods based and/or protection, WASH, public health related development and emergency response operations
- Adequate knowledge on resilience concepts and practice, systems thinking and adaptive management is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience working on resilience-focused community-based programming
- Proven experience successfully coordinating teams, negotiating and influencing others to get results without formal supervisory authority
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge and facilitation skills to diverse audiences through training, mentoring, and other formal and non-formal capacity building methods necessary
- Demonstrated ability in complex field operations and coordination; and willingness to take initiative and solve problems coupled with strong communication and influencing skills and mentoring staffs.
- Experience of both technical design and management of donor(s) funded projects or programs.
- A good understanding of development issues in contexts with protracted crisis, challenges and opportunities in realising children’s rights, in relation to the thematic areas.
- Proven ability to manage a complex and demanding workload
- Proven analytical and strategic planning skills and good advocacy, communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Cultural and gender sensitivity
- Willingness and ability to travel to all project areas, within approved security frameworks
- Work experience in diverse organizations – NGOs, UN Agencies is an asset.
- Excellent Report Writing and English proficiency skills.
- Demonstrated application of micro soft Office: Ms Word, Excel and Power Point.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bWtvZ2kuNDg3OTAuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkc…