Regional Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
The field M&E Officer will coordinate and support HIV related M&E activities of assigned health facility or nearby facilities. S/he will follow up the planning and updating the execution of planned activities of the health facility pertaining to HIV M&E. s/he will be responsible for monthly, quarterly, biannual and annual reporting of the HIV related activities in the health facility.
The field Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Work closely with the health facility, county & sate staff to strengthen M&E system of HIV programs
- Provide direct technical assistance to the target health facilities supported by ICAP South Sudan.
- Assist in coordinating monthly performance evaluation meetings/MDT meetings pertaining to facility level data and report.
- Ensures timely collection, cleaning, and compilation of health facility and nearby facility data collection format designed by ICAP
- Responsible for compiling the health facility and/or nearby facility monthly, quarterly and annual HIV related activity reports
- Coordinate and participate in HIV related supportive supervision, and review meetings in the as required
- Work with ICAP M&E teams in building the capacity of data clerks to ensure data use for continuous quality improvement at ICAP supported health facilities
- Spend about 60% of her/his time in the field doing mentoring and supervision
- Assists the health facility staff in analyzing and interpreting project data;
- Compiles regular field monitoring report including lessons and provide feedback for the program and his/her supervisor;
- Participates in HIV program performance review meeting at country level as required and evaluation exercises;
- Analyzes plan versus achievements of the HIV /AIDS program and identify justifications for under achievements or over achievements.
- Coaches and mentors the data clerks and other facility staff on how to handle data and database
- Assists program staff and M&E staff in reviewing and revising project M&E plan and indicators as required;
- Lead the data safety, data quality and analysis.
- Ensure adequate tools and techniques are in place and implemented at health facility including quality improvement tools, standard of care (SOC) tools etc.
- Ensure that all MoH HIV related tools are availed and properly used in the facilities
- Conduct data quality assessments to nearby facilities as assigned
- Involve in the design, data collection and preliminary report writing of baseline/follow up assessments in the facility as well as states.
- Participate in and contribute to program-based operational research activities.
- Undertake other responsibilities as assigned by the immediate supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in health science
- Master’s degree in public health or M&E is preferred
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCES:
- Two or more years’ experience in HIV/AIDS programs
- Experience in PEPFAR programs in a plus
- Experience in ART data collections
- Knowledge of local language is an asset.
- Good interpersonal skills and experience in working with multiple stakeholders
- Good computer skills and ability to make power point presentations.