Quality Specialist (M&E)
South Sudan Jobs southsudanjobs.com
POSITION SUMMARY: The Quality Specialist, under the Program Director, is responsible for ensuring the effectiveness and quality of all projects of various humanitarian sectors. The Specialist will work with the program staff to make sure results are achieved on time within projects and ensure that the programs of WRSS meet internal and external quality standards. The Specialist will support assessment, monitoring, evaluation, and accountability, through building the capacity of program staff and M&E Officers and direct involvement. The Quality Specialist will ensure WRSS’s representation to donors is accurate and of high quality.
The Quality Specialist may be deputized to cover leadership positions in the absence of key staff.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop a country M&E strategy.
- Build the capacity of national M&E staff to support them in their roles.
- Build the capacity of program staff related to program quality and reporting.
- Lead needs assessments for new areas/sectors, including design, budget, and logistics for the assessment.
- Manage evaluations for existing projects, including design, budget, and logistics for the assessment.
- Supervise any external consultants contracted for assessments or evaluations.
- Assist the Program Director and Project Officer in proposal development and project design.
- Develop M&E tools to enhance quality and ensure program effectiveness.
- Coordinate the submission of reports to donors by ensuring data streams, reviewing draft reports, and keeping a schedule of grant report due dates to ensure timely submission.
- Lead WRSS in establishing/improving accountability to beneficiaries.
- Advise on humanitarian standards and best practices.
- Compile Weekly, Monthly, and Quarterly Reports with the Program Director.
- Develop cascading indicator tracking tools at new project start-up for use by project staff.
- Provide project monitoring updates to the Program Director.
- Visit field locations for onsite observation and capacity building.
- Report findings from field locations to sector experts for their advice and document lessons learned.
- Liaise with Home Office staff for reporting monthly indicators in collaboration with WR global monitoring systems.
- Represent WRSS to other actors, as needed.
- Deputize to cover leadership positions, as needed, both field sites and country office.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and data collection/analysis apps and software
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in a hardship location.
- Mature Christian with a commitment to leading a life in Christ and a desire to serve vulnerable people
- Committed to the Mission, Vision and Value of World Relief.
- Master’s degree in International Development, Public Health, M&E, or related
- 5 years’ experience in M&E with a multi-sectoral portfolio, 3 years’ experience in humanitarian response
- Experience in reporting for grants from public funding (USG, UN, EU, etc.)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations
- The ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10-15 pounds
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand, and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read application information.
- The employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- **This is an unaccompanied hardship post located in Juba, South Sudan, with expected travel to field locations which experience violent conflict.
- Great lengths of time working on computer, reading from computer screen, entering information, standing at copier or fax machine, and some time on the phone or in Skype meetings may be required.
- Year-end archiving activities involve repeated lifting and bending.
- Physical, emotional and intellectual demands.
- Equipment used: Employee computer (desktop or laptop), printer, and copier.
- All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Individuals may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation. This position description is not all-inclusive and is always under review.
How to apply
Apply online via www.worldrelief.org/careers/ or directly through the link below:
southsudanJobs.com is the place for jobseekers to find the job of their dreams and for recruiters to advertise their vacancies to find/reach the right candidates.