Protection Project Manager
General purpose of the position
position is aimed at ensuring the prompt and effective delivery of the the
assigned Projects in Jonglei State (Akobo, Pibor, Pochalle and Lankien) and other additional
areas of expansion in case it is required. By the end of the assignment, the
post holder is expected to have:
- Contributed to ensuring beneficiaries targeted by projects are accessing all the foreseen services;
- Ensured the technical quality of projects by paying particular attention to technical aspects of Protection sector required;
- Managed all project logistics to ensure the achievement of projects’ activities;
- Managed all financial resources available to projects – ensuring sound documentation is in place for all procurements and internal and donor procedures are applied as applicable;
- Ensured data is collected to respond to all projects’ indicators in a timely fashion for interim and final reporting;·
- Ensured timely submission of all reports due at State level and contributed to country-level reporting (5Ws, interim and final reports);
- Support the national team in conducting needs assessment when required;· Support the national team in development of their skills, knowledge and capacities through training opportunities and on-the-job mentoring.
Main responsibilities and tasks
Iparticular, the Project Manager will focus on:·
- Setting up and/or ensuring continuation of all the foreseen activities
- Developing and managing the implementation of/adherence to work plans and M&E plans
- Ensuring a sound monitoring of the project by producing, regularly updating and sharing – once in a month – the project appraisal tool (PAT)
- Providing technical support to projects’ staff
- Enhancing quality of implementation by training projects’ staff
- Managing all the financial resources allocated to projects, producing financial plans and cash forecasts and verifying budgets vs. actual on a weekly and monthly basis
- Managing all the logistical procedures, ensuring INTERSOS and donor requirements are met and proper documentation is collected and maintained
- Ensuring reports are properly produced and submitted to donors
- Developing budgets and project proposals for sector, in close coordination and under the supervision of the State Manager ·
- Ensuring 5W matrices are submitted as per the agreed reporting schedule
- Taking part to projects’ meetings called by donors and/or any relevant stakeholders, in close coordination and under the supervision of the Area Coordinator·
- Recruiting national staff as required to achieve projects’ objectives
- Working with the administration department to ensure all administrative procedures are followed
- Updating personal details on file, accurate ToR for each staff member, payrolls etc.
An advanced University Degree in Political Sciences, International Law, Social Sciences, Education, Psychology or significant professional experience in a relevant sector in lieu of formal credentials
- At least three years of relevant professional work experience in the humanitarian field as Project Manager and in at least one of the relevant technical disciplines (Protection, EiE, WASH, S/NFIs or preferablymore than one of them).
- Demonstrated experience in working in humanitarian emergency contexts.
- Demonstrated project management skills (financial management, human resources management, monitoring and evaluation techniques
Fluency in written and spoken English, good reporting and communication skills are required.
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Interpersonal skills, strong ommunication and diplomatic skills
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure
Note: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.