Proposal Writing Coordinator
South Sudan Jobs ( southsudanJobs.com )
The Proposal Writing Coordinator will serve as the primary coordinator for proposal development. S/he will also ensure appropriate consultation with the country team during preparation and submission, and provide capacity-building support to staff where required specifically on proposal development. S/he will work closely with the technical teams (in PDQ and in PI), the Emergency team, field staff, and the staff in Supply Chain, HR, Security, Finance, and Awards. S/he will also carry out periodical donor mapping and update funding opportunity tracker in consultati on with PDQ, Awards, and various SC account holders.
Experience and Qualifications
* Minimum five years of experience with a master’s degree in an NGO or similar environment, including experience developing programs for children in both emergency and development contexts.
* Preferred degree in program or NGO management, development studies, or related field.
* Solid experience in more than one of the Save the Children priority sectors: Education, FS/L, Child Protection, Child Rights Governance, in development and emergencies
* Practical experience and successful track record in writing and leading proposals for a variety of donors, particularly EU/ECHO, USAID, DFID, private sector foundations, and UNICEF
* Good knowledge of the development and emergency donor environment and expectations in South Sudan preferred
* Good knowledge of the landscape of implementing partners and government structures in South Sudan preferred.
* Proven experience in developing local partnerships for projects.
* Familiarity with project design methods and tools (including assessments, logical frameworks, and work planning) and a strong appreciation for innovation and partnership as part of project development.
* Good analytical skills, effective negotiator, with proven ability to positively influence cross-departmental and cross-sector working.
* Experience in developing and working with project budgets
* Good personal organizational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
* Ability to work within a multicultural setting
* Fluency in written and spoken English
* Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values, and principles
* Information Communication Technology literate
Contract duration: 1 year
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education, and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply
southsudanJobs.com is the place for jobseekers to find the job of their dreams and for recruiters to advertise their vacancies to find/reach the right candidates.