Project Officer (Strategy and Planning)
2002859 Project Officer (Strategy and Planning)
Job Posting: 11/Dec/2020
Closure Date: 02/Jan/2021, 6:59:00 AM
Organizational Unit: FAO Representation in South Sudan, FRSSD
Job Type: Staff position
Type of Requisition: Professional Project
Grade Level: P-4
Primary Location: South Sudan-Juba
Duration: Fixed-term: one year with the possibility of extension
Post Number: 2008239
CCOG Code: 1A11
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO representatives, is to assistant governments to develop policies , programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
The FAO Representation in South Sudan is organized in three main units: Programme, Operations and Administration. The current portfolio of projects in South Sudan includes activities related to agriculture (crop), livestock, fisheries, natural resource management, food information systems is implemented with humanitarian, transitional and development funding. FAO South Sudan currently operating 10 field offices in 10 states of South Sudan.
The Project Officer reports to the FAO Representative (FAOR) with technical guidance from the Regional Office for Africa (RAF) and relevant headquarter units.
Responds to country office priorities in the context of FAO strategy Framework through the identification, planning and implementation and monitoring of FAO’s priority activities and results in South Sudan.
Comprehensive technical and policy expertise to support the planning, development and implementation of programmes, projects, products and services.
- Provides technical leadership assistance on the development, implementation and evaluation of assigned programmes/projects; assists in the review of relevant documents and reports; identifies priorities, liaises with relevant parties;
- Coordinates of programmes and reviews the assessments of issues and trends for the implementation of programmes and projects and the preparation of impact evaluation or equivalent studies;
- Supervises preparation of various written outputs, e.g. background papers, analysis, substantial sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications;
- Contributes to consultative and other meetings, conferences, including proposals for agenda topics, identifying participants, preparation of documents and presentations;
- Participates in activities such as structuring of training workshops, seminars; makes presentations on assigned topics/activities;
- Leads field missions, including provision of guidance to external consultants, government officials and other parties;
- Provides advice on the development of policies and strategies, as well as national protocols and guidelines for projects with specific domains related to FAO’s work.
- Contributes to the design and implementation of policies and procedures to achieve country priority groups collaboration in strategy planning, results-based programming and budgeting, implementation, monitoring and reporting;
- Leads and delivers analyses associated with the corporate programmatic resources mobilization strategy for the country office;
- Manages components of the procedures and system work planning;
- Contributes to the development and operation of the corporate results-based monitoring and reporting system.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced university degree in political sciences, business administration, agricultural economics, development economics, rural sociology, food security, nutrition, sustainable, or related field;
- Seven years of relevant experience in planning, monitoring and evaluation, financial analysis, budget management and major donor rules, regulation and requirements, project development, project cycle management;
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of one of the other FAO official languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
- Results Focus
- Building effective relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable;
- Extent and relevance of experience in collecting and analysing information from textual, database and human resources;
- Demonstrate skills in conducting consultations and building consensus;
- Extent and relevance of experience in results-based management;
- Extent and relevance experience in the use of computer tools for analysis and communication;
- Demonstrated Ability to mobilize resources.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
FAO reserves the right not to make an appointment, to make an appointment at a lower grade, or to make an appointment with a modified job description.
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications and language skills;
- Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile;
- Once your profile is completed, please apply and submit your application;
- Your application will be screened based on the information provided on your online profile;
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list;
- Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications;
- Incomplete applications will not be considered;
- Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered;
- We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.