Project Officer (Social Infrastructure)
South Sudan Jobs southsudanjobs.com
Position Title : Project Officer (Social Infrastructure)
Duty Station : Juba, South Sudan
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 17 September 2020
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM at www.iom.int/diversity.
Applications are welcome from first- and second-tier candidates, particularly qualified female candidates as well as applications from the non-represented member countries of IOM. For all IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
For the purpose of this vacancy, the following are considered first-tier candidates:
- Internal candidates
- Candidates from the following non-represented member states:
Antigua and Barbuda; Botswana; Cabo Verde; Comoros; Cook Islands; Cuba; Djibouti; Fiji; Gabon; Grenada; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Holy See; Iceland; Kingdom of Eswatini; Kiribati; Lao People’s Democratic Republic (the); Latvia; Luxembourg; Marshall Islands; Micronesia (Federated States of); Montenegro; Namibia; Nauru; Palau; Saint Kitts and Nevis; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Seychelles; Solomon Islands; Suriname; The Bahamas; Timor-Leste; Tonga; Tuvalu; Vanuatu
Second tier candidates include:
All external candidates, except candidates from non-represented member states.
Under the overall supervision of the Deputy Chief of Mission (DCoM), the direct supervision of the Programme Coordinator (ECRP), and in close collaboration with the relevant IOM Technical Leads, the ECRP Coordination and Advisory Team, the successful candidate will provide technical guidance and support to the community engagement component of the Enhancing Community Resilience Project (ECRP).
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Technical Guidance and Support
- Contribute technical inputs for the development of the Sustainability, Operation &Maintenance (O&M) ECRP Approach, including for the Methodology, Standard Operations Procedures and Training Materials required to facilitate the development of broader service delivery models.
- Participate in the development of a training package that builds the capacity of facility-based management structures on key governance and O&M roles & responsibilities.
- Contribute to the development of an on-call institutional support system to the Facility-based Management structures.
- Provide assistance with stakeholder engagement, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with other stakeholders.
- Coordinate the development of learning documents, toolkits, data collection, and management methods for sharing with the broader ECRP project community, the World Bank, and the sector in South Sudan.
- Monitor and review information related to the identification, implementation, and social management of the Infrastructure framed in the programme.
Program Implementation & Coordination
- Work in close collaboration with the IOM Programme Coordinator (ECRP), IOM ECRP Technical Leads, and United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) counterpart to help align the O&M approach to the ECRP objectives.
- Implement the activity workplan and check that implementation at the field level is in line with donor requirements, budget, and timelines.
- Supervise and coordinate the work of Community Outreach Assistants and Infrastructure O&M Assistants implementing the O&M component at field level.
- Provide technical support to field teams across all programme locations (IOM and UNOPS), on a regular basis, both remotely and in-person.
- Support the field team in working with existing local governance structures to identify and recommend the selection of community members, community-based groups, and potential existing service providers that will be responsible for managing facilities built under the project, with focus on prioritizing the formation of women-led O&M groups, alongside youth and people with special needs.
- Participate in technical meetings and provide technical information on O&M issues to IOM’s ECRP Project Team.
- Abide by the principles of a respectful office environment free of harassment and retaliation, and that promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in International Relations, Institutional Development, Water Governance, Economics, Management, International Development, Public Policy, Community Development,
Socio-economic Development, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in working on community-led infrastructure management, governance, and sustainability;
• Experience in humanitarian settings;
• Experience of working in South Sudan or similar protracted crisis-affected countries would be highly desirable;
• Experience in designing and implementing community-based infrastructure governance models, management arrangements and sustainability;
• Experience in monitoring, management (systematization – capitalization) and reporting;
• Experience in knowledge management and setting up, designing, and running community-based infrastructure governance models and/or management arrangement and/or sustainability;
• Experience managing and mentoring teams and in promoting achievement of project objectives.
• Ability to meet deadlines and deliver under pressure;
• Ability to produce thorough high-quality work within a tight timeframe;
• Demonstrated capacity strengthening skills and on-the-job training;
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint);
•Solid organizational skills: the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced and detail-oriented team environment.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Arabic, French, Spanish and/or a local language is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations. Recommended candidates will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 17 September 2020 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
From 04.09.2020 to 17.09.2020
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: SVN 2020 204 Project Officer (Social Infrastructure) (P2) Juba, South Sudan (56603640) Released
Posting: Posting NC56603641 (56603641) Released
southsudanJobs.com is the place for jobseekers to find the job of their dreams and for recruiters to advertise their vacancies to find/reach the right candidates.