Project Lead and Business Support Officer
osition: Project Lead and Business Support Officer
Duty Station: Main duty stations will be Bor and Terekeka with frequent travel to Juba
Application deadline: 15 January 2021
Duration: 12 Months with option of extending
Start Date: 1 February 2021
SPARK is looking for full time (40 hrs/week) Project Lead and Business Support Officer to provide project implementation support, business support and coaching to entrepreneurs in the field of fisheries value chains.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
· Manage and supervise the project under Country Manager and working with Implementing Partner in Terekeka and Bor
· Actively support the Country Manager in the planning of project activities and building a strong network, donor relations, and identification of new leads;
· Participate in and contribute to the project kick off, progress and closure meetings,
· Ensure that the activities are in line with the approved project proposal, budget and implementation plan;
· Monitor Implementing Partners’ implementations according to their proposals, budgets, and planned outputs,
· Support the Country Manager in the review of partners’ progress and financial reports with relevant other departments,
· Liaise internally with all support departments to ensure the smooth implementation of the project, in compliance with internal and donor’s regulation,
· Share the activity plans particularly the events with the Communication team and ensure that SPARK and back donors are visible during the implementation of activities,
· Ensure that all project documentation (paper and electronic) is up to date and stored in an effective and confidential way,
· Liaise with the other stakeholders for coordination of project under the supervision of Country Manager,
· Responsible for communications with entrepreneurs and potential entrepreneurs and fisher producer groups (FPGs)
· Create an analysis of each FPG which should be updated periodically
· Provide implementation support to Implementing Partner for all aspects of the project cycle.
· Responsible for mentoring and coaching of FPGs and entrepreneurs on business skills on a regular basis and during the business plan writing stages
· Responsible for implementing coaching program and for training entrepreneurs and working with Implementing Partner trainers on SPARK training modules
· Perform any duty requested by the Country Manager.
Requirements and Skills
· South Sudanese Nationals only
· Diploma or Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, or another related field.
· At least 3 years of relevant work experience;
· Computer knowledge: MS Office and book-keeping systems
· Good knowledge of the business environment in South Sudan and about MSME development, and fisheries and good knowledge of Monitoring and Evaluation processes
· Responsible and honest; Flexible;
· Good oral and written language skills in English and preferably Arabic as well
· Good communication and social skills and able to work in multicultural setting.
· A challenging and exciting position in an international environment;
· Training opportunities;
· Competitive remuneration based on SPARK salary scale, experience and full-time contract (40h/per week);
· Contract for 40 hours a week.
How to apply
For more information, please visit the SPARK website: www.spark-online.org. If interested, please apply with your motivation letter and your CV (both in English) on
https://vacancy.spark-online.org/Tab1/LoadProfileFromVacancy/290 until 15.01.2021. Please, with application send to us two references (phone number and email) which we can contact in the selection process.
All applications will be assessed on a rolling basis; interviews can therefore take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant individually. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a reply, we regret to inform that we have continued with other candidates with other candidates.