Project Data Manager and Clearance Expeditor
About the role
The Health Pooled Fund began its third phase (HPF3) in July 2018 and is supported to run until 2023 by the British Government’s Department for International Development (DFID), the Government of Canada, the Swedish International Development and Cooperation Agency (SIDA) and United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
The programme impact will be an improved health and nutrition status for the population that saves lives and reduces morbidity (including maternal, infant and under-5 mortality), and has the following three principal outcomes:
- Improved health and nutrition services for the population, especially women and children;
- Improved community engagement and accountability of health services;
- Stabilisation of local health systems.
This position is responsible for multi-functional data management and Tax Exemption import operations in support of HPF Supply Chain Management team.
Clearance Expeditor responsibilities:
- Acts as the main point of contact with the National Ministry of Health/DFCA/Finance and Customs for all aspects related to the Tax Exemption process.
- Generates Tax exemption applications to ensure a smooth Customs clearance process for importing HPF pharmaceutical goods in South Sudan.
- Liaises with the local and international stakeholders to ensure all the necessary Tax Exemption documentation and waivers are in place for each inbound shipment.
- Travels to the port of entry to ensure smooth clearance of project cargo, resolves any issues that may arise.
- Coordinates and oversees aircraft turnaround, goods unloading, Customs clearance and dispatch as required in liaison with the contracted clearing agent.
- Oversees land/sea transport arrangements in accordance with the shipping pipeline covering the international freight scope.
- Develops Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) in support of the clearance-importation of the products procured for HPF programme.
- Facilitates the return of project assets to London and/or hands over to others as required, ensures the completion of the necessary certificates.
- Assists with maintaining assets and asset registers as necessary in liaison with the Warehouse Manager.
- Provides cover for other HPF team members when on leave.
- Takes on any other duties as requested by the line manager.
Project Data Manager Responsibilities:
- Proactively assesses data to ensure it is accurate and complete, manages any amendments.
- Collects, consolidates and analyses inventory and financial information in support of the Supply Chain Director and the Supply Chain Programme Manager’s presentations using diagrams, tables, charts, graphs, and reports.
- Manages data and documentation to support the supply chain activities, ie. goods distribution, invoicing, waybills and in-transit visibility.
- Supports the Supply Chain Director and Supply Chain Programme Manager with any other project documentation needed, e.g. Fixed Asset List, R&R schedule, etc.
- Designs, maintains and improves the Customs clearance and data management processes in conjunction with HPF warehouse management procedures.
- Provides IT technical support to HPF staff and acts as main point of contact for internet service providers to identify and resolve any network related issues.
- Assists the Supply Chain Director with project planning, direction and reporting.
- International supply chain experience, preferably in Africa, desired in South Sudan
- Understanding of supply chain project implementation management, particularly in connection with data management
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Ability to work cross-functionally and commitment to excel
- Strong communication with internal and external stakeholders at all levels, in particular with Governmental Officials
- Ability to work in a High Risk Environment under UN Curfew
- Healthy Fit and Hands on approach
- Work as part of a Small team under strict Security regulations
- Resilient and enthusiastic
- Team player
You’ll be working with Crown Agents which is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
About what’s on offer
Crown Agents offers a competitive benefits package.