Project Coordinator & Fielf office teamleader
South Sudan Jobs southsudanJobs.com
Project Coordinator & Field Team Leader in Wau, South Sudan
Organization Help a Child (HaC) is a Christian International NGO specialized in community development with its headquarters in the Netherlands and operating in South Sudan for more than ten (10) years. Founded in 1968, Help a Child’s mission is to improve the wellbeing of children living in poverty and crisis through supportive communities. Help a Child’s Disaster Response strategy is a holistic approach that covers both physical and psychosocial needs. It focusses on the sectors such as Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), Protection and Education with Multi-Purpose Cash (MPC) as the preferred modality for live saving support. The focus of HaC’s Disaster Response strategy is on children and youth, with special attention for girls, disabled and pregnant and lactating mothers because of their vulnerability. When possible, the wider family is included, because they are the nurturing environment in which the child functions and is protected. HaC is both self-implementing and working through local partners. Principal sources of income are child & family sponsorship, foundations and institutional donors.
Project Coordinator & Field Team Leader oversees the program of Help a child South Sudan Wau office
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Project Coordinator & Field office Team Leader performs a key program implementation role in our organization. She/he is responsible for leading projects teams in planning and executing the project and provide support to the Country Program Director as well. The project coordinator & Team Leader oversees the project team and ensure proper budget utilization, monitoring the expenditure. He/she ensures compliance to the policies and the overall operational quality of the projects. He/she leads the team in conducting reflection meetings with key stakeholders, ensures transparency, integrity and accountability to the team. He/she leads and support the team in the development of quality reports and adheres to the deadlines. He/she ensures team engagement and participation in relevant sectors cluster meetings and network. He/she lead and encourage the team in building sector related portfolio by drafting concepts and proposal. He is play vital role in building field office portfolio. He/she ensures regular project monitoring and evaluation; generally, MEAL.
Objective of the function:
The project Coordinator & team leader oversees the planning and implementation of project/program interventions, coordinate with different stakeholders and provides leadership to the team. He/she ensures compliance and general operational quality of the projects under his/her jurisdiction
He/she plays the role of coordinating the frontline team in identifying and addressing the needs of the communities targeted. He/she is at the centre of coordinating the effort with stakeholders and explain anticipated key roles they will play in the project/program. He/she is a budget holder and engage the team and partners towards appropriate utilization of the funds and accountability. He/she reports to Country Program Director until when the Program Manager is later recruited; as such he/she is the member of country management team.
- Coordinate and manage projects/programs intervention and engagement with stakeholders
▪ Coordinate closely with HaC child development & protection, PMEL & HaC SSD coordinator, ECD, Youth and work and psychosocial experts in the Netherlands office on project activities and work plan.
▪ Play leadership role as field office security focal point person; support and encourage the team in conducting regular weekly and monthly security review
▪ Ensure that project team adhere to the established program implementation and monitoring processes
▪ Perform ad hoc analyses as requested by the Country Program Director (CPD) on programmatic interventions
▪ Regularly participate in inter-agency protection meetings (protection and education cluster, child-protection and education sub-cluster, gender-based violence sub-cluster, and relevant task forces, etc.);
▪ Strengthen colleagues and partner capacities on HaC Child Safeguarding and integrity Policies, HaC protection policy, and international protection standards and tools; all other humanitarian related principles such as DO NO HARM (DNH)
▪ He/she play key role in building psychosocial support, education and protection portfolio in the country
▪ Inspire and encourage field staff in enhancing their skills and capacity
▪ Engage the project/program team in resource mobilisation
Result: Sector related portfolio and organizational engagement with different stakeholders strengthened and organizational niche shared.
- Ensure appropriate management and utilization of project/program funds by following right procedures and guidelines
▪ Develop and align quarterly and monthly plans to the actual budget required for project/program implementation
▪ Ensure staff understand and follow organization policies and procedures guiding the operation
▪ Review project/program expenditure and seek financial report where necessary
▪ Participate effective in project/program development and budgeting
▪ Ensure regular tracking of project progress including expenditure
▪ Review or approve plans and payments
Result: Project/program and finance management steps and processes are followed that contributed to quality program delivery.
- Ensure supervision and implementation of MEAL and reporting
▪ Monitor project/program implementation by conducting regular reflection meetings
▪ Strengthening regular quality reporting, play key role in the development of bi annual and annual reports.
▪ Encourage documentation and stories development and sharing
▪ Work with the team in identifying capacity gaps and conduct trainings
▪ Make follow up and monitor the work of partners including timely quality reporting
▪ Lead and participate in the development of appropriate M&E tools including implementation of Feedback Mechanisms in different locations
▪ Support project/program team in planning and executing regular reflection meetings
▪ Develop and share monitoring and reflection meetings reports regularly
Result: Program quality, effectiveness, organizational branding and accountability enhanced.
- Promote conducive and protective environment for the team to engage and deliver program effectively
▪ Support project/ program staff in the development and review of plans
▪ Review project/program team plans and performance
▪ Strengthen transparency and accountability among the team members and partners
▪ Encourage innovation among the team members and partners
▪ Build strong working relationship with key players and collaborators e.g. the line ministries
▪ Conduct and update security plan regular
▪ Promote good team spirit
Results: Staff performance and accountability strengthened in the field location.
Knowledge and skills:
· Minimum of “Licence” Degree in psychology, social sciences, development studies, education, gender and/ or women’s studies or other related field or management and coordination working experience. Master’s degree will be an added value in the above mentioned areas.
· He/she has good knowledge of core humanitarian standards, 9 principles including Do No Harm (DNH) principle
· He/she has proven experience in concept and proposal development
· Experience with innovation
· He / she has strong experience and good skills in community mobilization and engagement
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and leadership and interpersonal skills;
· Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills;
· Excellent knowledge and experience in MS Office packages, especially Excel
· Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience in project/program coordination, project management and leadership with INGO or NNGO.
· High level of professional integrity
· Good command of English and fluent in any South Sudan local language (Juba Arabic)
· Full support of the vision, mission and Christian core values of HaC
Maintain generally accepted and social ethical standards in activities that have to do with the position
· Takes responsibility for own actions.
· Indicates things that are expected of him / her are not in accordance with his or her personal standards or organizational standards.
· Sticking to standards and values, even when this could lead to disadvantage, tension or conflicts.
· Does what he / she says, keeps promises and appointments.
· Respects and protects confidential information entrusted to him / her.
· Informs customers, employees or public about the extent to which one may expect problems or setbacks.
· Does not abuse power or prior knowledge.
· Provides information on his / her opinion on business ethics, safety and the environment.
Actively contributing to joint results, even when the subject involved is not of immediate personal interest. Sharing information and knowledge with others.
· Ready to collaborate with other disciplines or organizational units.
· Appreciate information and knowledge sharing
· Encourages team work and enhancement of working relationships.
· Is willing to make concessions to get a step ahead as a group.
· Initiates collaboration between different groups to achieve a joint result.
Investigating the wishes and interests of (internal customers and reacting accordingly. Anticipating the interests of customers. Giving high priority to service preparedness and client satisfaction.
· Analyzes short and long term financial needs and gaps of the partners
· Proposes the partner that best fits his current and future needs.
· Discusses (unwise) choices from the partner and makes improvements.
· Investigates the satisfaction and further needs of the partners after delivery of the services community
Building relationships and networks that prove to be useful in achieving goals. Making effective use of informal networks to get things done.
· Encourages colleagues and partners to maintain and expand their internal and external contacts, and makes suggestions.
· Brings internal relationships / networks into contact with external relationships / networks.
· Asks friends to collaborate in making contacts with potential relationships and / or networks.
· Uses own network for the purpose of achieving goals of others.
· Uses the relationships from the own network to realize goals of the own organizational unit.
The Project Coordinator & Field Team Leader will be based in Wau. He or she will have 100% of his/her time in Wau.
HaC offers the opportunity to become part of an ambitious, Child centred and Christian international NGO with a dedicated team of professionals motivated to maximize impact. HaC offers a fair pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors. Furthermore, you will be offered a fixed term contract for one year. Depending on funding, your performance and fit within the team, the contract shall be extended.
How to apply
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are kindly invited to send a cover letter and resume (in English) at the latest on 4th September 2020 through online Application via the link: https://cvselectie.net/project-coordinator-team-leader
. Qualified females’ candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Should you wish to apply for this post you are kindly advised to submit your application as soon as possible. An (e-) assessment may be part of the selection process. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Help a Child is committed to keep children safe. All staff are required to sign and adhere to the Help a Child’s PSEA and safeguarding Recruitment is subject to successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks.
southsudanJobs.com is the place for jobseekers to find the job of their dreams and for recruiters to advertise their vacancies to find/reach the right candidates.