Main objective of the role:
The Country Programme Manager will contribute to the successful delivery of the Country Plan by establishing strong capacity in project design, proposal development, effective project implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and learning with CBM’s partner organizations. This role will build the capacity of the Country Office and partners’ project staff.
· Provide programmatic leadership in the development and implementation of the Country Plan, aligned with the Federation strategy.
· Put in place an effective M&E framework to regularly measure progress on implementing the Country Plan, drawing and sharing lessons learned and applying adaptive management.
· Support the Country Director in maintaining strong partnerships and diversifying partnerships by identifying new partners in support of the Country Plan.
· Support funding diversification strategies with partners and oversee the phase out of partnerships where agreed, through jointly prepared exit-plans with the partner
· Identify project opportunities with partners under CBM’s Country Plan and in line with national development plans. Lead on the rapid development of emergency response projects with partners in the event of natural or man-made disaster.
· Manage and coach the CBM country programme staff
· With the Country Director, promote the organization and its mission to local partners and authorities.
· Represent CBM at relevant in-country meetings, conferences, and workshops.
· Coordinate the delivery of Disability Inclusive Development technical advice in Disability Inclusive Development to government and other organizations, in alignment with the Disability Inclusive Development initiative and Country Plan.
· Jointly with partners, develop and monitor the implementation of exit strategies for projects/programmes.
· Ensure high quality of project and programme plans with effective delivery and fulfilment of objectives and utilization of budgets
· Ensure partners and own staff are fully informed of donor requirements and are capable to meet them.
We are looking for someone who has
· Relevant university degree in social sciences, international development or related field.
· Professional experience of 10 years in an international NGO with a minimum of 5 years at senior level, with a track record of successfully designing and managing large inclusive development and/or humanitarian programmes in collaboration with national partners.
· Experience in developing and managing large scale institutionally funded projects, including consortium led projects.
· Proven experience in results-based management and project cycle management, including assessment, monitoring and evaluation, with a sound understanding of budgeting and programme finance management.
· Demonstrated experience in managing internal and external relationships and partnerships particularly with national / local governments.
· Experience in working with various government/bi-lateral/major institutional donors.
· Proven skills in people and team management and coaching, with a focus on capacity development and performance management.
How to apply
Candidates with the required profile and proven experiences, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit via e-mail, a letter of motivation, stating why he/she wishes to work for CBM, CV, three professional references and salary expectations to email@example.com
Application deadline: 1 October 2020
The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy.
CBM encourages persons with disabilities who meet the qualifications to apply for this position. For further information about CBM’s inclusion policy, please visit our Resources & Publications section at http://www.cbm.org
This position is local and subject to local employment and immigration laws. The job will be based in Juba South Sudan.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.