Program Quality Coordinator
South Sudan Jobs
Position: Program Quality Coordinator
Location: Juba, South Sudan with up to 50% travel to the field
Duration: 1 year, renewable
Reports to: Deputy Country Director -Programs
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 18 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty. RI has been working in South Sudan since 2005, delivering integrated Health, WASH, Nutrition, FSL and Protection projects.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Relief International includes the four corporate members of the RI Alliance: RI-US, RI-UK, MRCA/RI-France and RI-Europe. Under our alliance agreement, we operate as a single, shared management structure. In addition, RI has country offices registered as affiliates of one of the alliance members in an additional 18 countries.
The Program Quality Coordinator is responsible for leading programmatic quality, monitoring and evaluation of a new USAID/OFDA funded integrated Health, WASH, Nutrition and Protection program across four states in Upper Nile, South Sudan. Under the supervision of the Deputy Country Director -Programs, the Program Quality Coordinator will establish and drive program monitoring, evaluation and accountability, which requires effective coordination with the all sectors across the USAID/OFDA funded program.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
Program Quality and Accountability
• Establish meaningful, contextually appropriate beneficiary accountability mechanisms across all locations and sectors
• Ensure all beneficiary complaints, issues related to low quality programing, and feedback are addressed and data-driven decisions are taken and implemented to assure consistent quality of programs.
• Produce monthly accountability reports drawing on data from the accountability mechanisms.
• Work with the HR Manager, GBV Coordinator and DCD-Programs to monitor safeguarding and protection reporting at the field level.
• Promote inclusive approaches to programming that promote women and girls, people with disability, and elderly people to ensure assistance reaches the most vulnerable populations
• Lead on gender and protection mainstreaming initiatives across the project.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
• In collaboration with DCD-Programs and technical sector coordinators develop and manage the program level M&E plan, ensuring compliance with USAID/OFDA regulations
• Develop and manage the project indicator performance tracking table (IPTT), ensuring timely collection of data, flagging where project targets are not being achieved and working with the USAID/OFDA Project Manager to course correct where appropriate
• Working with technical sector coordinators and managers, develop outcome and impact level M&E tools, and provide training to field-based staff on data collection and monitoring, with a particular focus on qualitative data collection and analysis
• Actively participate in regular grants meetings, including all Budget vs Actuals Meetings, Grant Opening, Mid-Term, and Closing Meetings presenting progress against project targets and indicators
• In conjunction with the DCD-Programs and technical sector managers, develop learning initiatives that support generation of new evidence, including quarterly learning events.
• Support development of project reports to USAID/OFDA, including by not limited to interim, quarterly, final, PDM, KAP surveys etc.
• Working with the DCD-Programs and technical sector managers, design baseline, midline and endline surveys/assessments
• Coach field-based M&E staff with the aim of strengthening their technical capacity, exchanging knowledge within the team and providing professional development guidance
• Mentor field-based M&E staff including communicating clear expectations, setting performance objectives, providing regular and timely performance feedback, and providing documented semi-annual performance reviews.
• Develop the capacity of the team, deepen understanding of their roles and assist with career development.
• Assist team members with information, tools and resources to improve performance & reach objectives.
• Promote accountability, communicate expectations and provide constructive feedback informally and formally via regular one on ones and performance reviews.
Qualifications & Requirements:
This position demands a dynamic, passionate team player with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in demanding and often difficult environments.
· Degree in International Development/Humanitarian response; Masters preferred.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in of working in program quality and M&E in humanitarian contexts, including relevant experience building and managing an M&E system and team, relevant experience supervising data collection and data validation exercises, and building staff capacity.
• Experience with knowledge of qualitative and quantitative methodologies and techniques required.
• Proven experience in setting up and implementing accountability and safeguarding mechanisms.
• High degree of computer literacy; Excel and Word skills are essential; previous experience working with SPSS would be an advantage.
· Demonstratable ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, tasks efficiently in a high-stress, fast-paced environment
· Verbal and written fluency in English is required
· Demonstrable experience of working in conflict/volatile security contexts
· Excellent time management skills, resourcefulness, with strong attention to detail
· Ability to work virtually with team members
· Excellent analytical and organizational skills
· Ability to think critically and creatively
· Excellent representation, presentation and communication skills.
· Demonstratable experience of creating an empowering and motivating environment; building relationships internally and externally
· Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
· Previous experience of working in South Sudan is desirable
· A sense of humor and adaptable approach to working style and working in a team.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience working with multiple team members to establish program quality frameworks for multi-sector projects. A demonstrable commitment to national capacity strengthening is mandatory. Additionally, S/he will have excellent written and verbal communications skills, and will be fluent in English. Experience of working within an INGO in conflict-induced fragile settings is mandatory, with previous experience in South Sudan desirable.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.**
· Transparency and Accountability
· Agility and Innovation
Living Conditions/Environmental Conditions
This position is based in Juba, South Sudan and requires up to (50%) travel to field office locations within the country, and offers an opportunity to join a diverse and open workplace, with a team committed to inclusion, innovation, and personal development. We also offer:
· Self-contained living accommodation (own bedroom, kitchenette and sitting area) in a very safe shared compound in Juba.
· 6-week R&R cycle with a financial contribution towards the R&R costs
· Very competitive compensation, Danger Pay and daily post differential among other benefits
· Access to RI’s award-winning learning management system with a wide menu of training resources, and internal/external training courses. **
How to Apply
Interested candidates are required to submit a detailed CV and cover letter by June 12th, 2020. Due to the critical nature of this assignment, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and candidates will be interviewed prior to the closing date that may appear on any of the job boards where this vacancy is posted. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Interested applicants please follow this link to apply;
southsudanJobs.com is the place for jobseekers to find the job of their dreams and for recruiters to advertise their vacancies to find/reach the right candidates.