Program Manager II- Collaborative Cash Delivery Platform
Catholic Relief Services was founded in 1943 by the Catholic Bishops of the United States. Our mission is to assist the poor and disadvantaged, leveraging the teachings of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to alleviate human suffering, promote development of all people, and to foster charity and justice throughout the world. Working through local offices and an extensive network of partners, CRS operates on five continents and in 98 countries. We aid the poor by first providing direct assistance where needed, then encouraging people to help with their own development. Together, these approaches foster secure, productive, just communities that enable people to realize their potential. As the official international relief and development agency of the U.S. Catholic community, CRS is also committed to educating the people of the United States to fulfill their moral responsibilities toward our global brothers and sisters by helping the poor, working to remove the causes of poverty, and promoting social justice.
You will serve as the South Sudan Collaborative Cash Delivery (CCD) manage and facilitate discussions between the various members, drive forward collaborative activities, establish a more robust framework for CCD structure and operations in South Sudan, and promote CCD for both fundraising and awareness-raising efforts. You will be accountable for any workstreams that are put in place and reporting to the various stakeholders (CCD members in South Sudan, CCD South Sudan Steering Committee and Global CCD Coordinators). You will ensure the development, finalization and adherence to any Governance Framework and MoU for the South Sudan CCD Country Platform.
- Master’s Degree in International Development, International Relations or Social Protection required. Additional fields of study relevant to the role may be considered. Employment experience may substitute for some education.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant field-based experience working on cash and voucher programming in complex and fragile settings, preferably with an international NGO. Minimum of 3 years’ experience coordinating or managing light to moderately complex inter-agency projects required.
Required Languages – English
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 50% in country.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment.
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively with culturally diverse groups.
- Able to work independently, with a lot of drive, energy and dynamism.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to write reports.
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented.
- Experience leading collaborations and/or consortiums with strong negotiation and facilitation skills.
- Proven experience in designing, implementing and managing humanitarian CVA, with solid knowledge of cash programming, humanitarian operations and ideally modernizing approaches to cash distributions (digitizing the ‘cash system’, Financial Service Provider engagement, beneficiary data management systems etc.).
- Inquisitive and innovative mind and be flexible and adaptable, responding to situations that arise over the course of the deployment.
- Project management experience in cash programming is highly desirable.
- Experience engaging with partner organizations.
- Experience contributing to the development of technical proposals.
- MEAL skills and experience preferred.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Head of Programs, CCD South Sudan Platform CVA technical staff and Steering Committee Members.
External: Cash Working Group, Cluster Leads, Donors, CCD Global Facilitators, other CCD Collaboration Managers, CVA technical forum representative at the Global and Regional level.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.