Program Manager I – WASH, South Sudan
South Sudan Jobs
CRS South Sudan is seeking a Program Manager I – WASH for an anticipated 12-month USAID/ Office of US Disaster Assistance (OFDA) funded program in South Sudan.
The Program Manager I – WASH will ensure effective systems and processes are in place to support high-quality WASH programming. The post-holder will support consortium partners in their implementation of WASH activities. The post-holder will recruit, train and lead the program’s WASH field teams; conduct direct programming and direct implementation of activities through teams working in insecure and remote field locations; and coordinate actively with other CRS WASH programs in Greater Jonglei, often sharing resources and offices.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
* Provide management, technical oversight, and direct supervision of the program’s WASH team to ensure project design and implementation in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and best practices.
* Support CRS field staff and consortium partners in completion of hardware for WASH in health and nutrition facilities, including borehole drilling, borehole repair, latrine construction, and handwashing stations.
* Assist in the development and adaption of WASH SBCC materials, including for COVID-19 prevention.
* Support effective planning, coordination, and integration of efforts with existing CRS programs and other key actors’ programming in targeted regions to optimize shared use of technical expertise, assets, and facilities as well as strengthen the collective impact of CRS interventions.
* Support the development and/or adaptation of technical guidelines, standard operating procedures, and training materials for the program’s WASH interventions and ensure use of appropriate systems and tools. Ensure WASH programming reflect operational constraints including insecurity and seasonal access.
* Coordinate and oversee implementation of WASH components of the program’s detailed implementation. Ensure that WASH teams comply with donor requirements on deliverables, timelines, and reporting.
* Recruit, train, and supervise WASH field teams. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and lead goal setting and performance management for direct reports. Identify staff capacity and technical assistance needs and support capacity strengthening activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Technical experience in developing and directly implementing integrated WASH activities.
* Proven knowledge of latrine construction in different environments
* Proven knowledge of borehole drilling demands
* Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment. Proven ability to plan and manage multiple tasks in parallel to optimize the short seasonal implementation window in multiple locations.
* Capacity to respond rapidly to evolving challenges, devise appropriate solutions and achieve results.
* Cultural awareness and the capacity to learn rapidly and adapt management approaches to varying cultural and security contexts.
* Experience contributing to the development of technical proposals.
* Previous experience working in South Sudan
* MEAL skills and experience preferred.
* Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
Required Languages – English
Travel – Must be willing and able to spend up to 80% of time in remote and insecure field locations.
Supervisory Responsibilities: WASH Officers
* Master’s Degree in engineering, public health, or a related field. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
* Minimum of 2 years’ experience in managing WASH programs in a remote field settings, preferably with an international NGO.
* Demonstrated experience with borehole drilling and facility-based latrine construction
* Demonstrated experience working in conflict and resource-poor environments.
* Experience delivering WASH interventions in rural health facility settings.
* Experience building junior-level staff capacity.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Continuous Improvement & Innovation
* Builds Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Strategic Mindset
* Accountability & Stewardship
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job de scription is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
How to apply
southsudanJobs.com is the place for jobseekers to find the job of their dreams and for recruiters to advertise their vacancies to find/reach the right candidates.