Program Manager I – MEAL EU
Manage and provide technical oversight of the development and implementation of the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) system for the EU-funded livelihoods and social cohesion program Greater Jonglei, ensuring effective systems and processes are in place that support high-quality MEAL. The program is designed to complement and integrate with existing CRS programming and field teams carrying out interventions in the same sectors and target areas. Your management skills and knowledge will ensure that the program delivers high-quality MEAL for livelihoods and social cohesion programming and continuously works towards improving the impact of its stabilization, reconciliation and resilience programming. You will recruit, train and lead the program’s MEAL team for CRS and undertake direct implementation of MEAL activities in insecure and remote field locations. You will coordinate actively with CRS other MEAL teams in Gr eater Jonglei, often sharing teams and offices. You and senior program managers will be based in Bor town, Jonglei State, and conduct direct programming through teams working in three remote field locations.
* Master’s Degree in Statistics, Economics, Demography, Development Studies or a related discipline. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
* Minimum of 2 years of relevant international field-based experience in coordinating or managing MEAL systems for moderately complex livelihoods and social cohesion programs in a remote field setting, preferably with an international NGO.
* Experience of living and working in remote field locations and carrying out direct implementation of MEAL systems in conflict settings.
Required Languages – English
Travel: Must be willing and able to spend up to 60% of time in r emote and insecure field locations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Technical experience in developing and directly implementing MEAL systems for livelihoods and social cohesion programming in conflict settings.
* Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment. Proven ability to plan and manage multiple tasks in parallel to optimize the short seasonal implementation window in multiple locations. Capacity to respond rapidly to evolving challenges, devise appropriate solutions and achieve results.
* Cultural awareness and the capacity to learn rapidly and adapt management approaches to varying cultural and security contexts.
* Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively with culturally diverse groups. Experience and skills in implementing matrix management for programs and operations field teams.
* Strong written and verbal commu nication skills with ability to write reports and analyze data.
* Demonstrated capacity to live and work in remote and insecure field locations with very basic amenities and few or no other international staff and adhere a strict curfew and movement restrictions.
* Direct project management experience with ICT4D, including CommCare, is highly desirable.
* Experience using mapping and data analytics including ArcGIS and PowerBi.
* MEAL skills and experience in stabilization programming preferred.
* Experience contributing to the development of technical proposals.
* Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Continuous Improvement & Innovation
* Builds Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Strategic Mindset
* Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: None. The post provides technical oversight to MEAL teams implementing activities at field level.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively preve nt harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.