Program Manager I – Food Assistance
South Sudan Jobs
You will serve as a Team Leader for WFP-funded food assistance programming and lead national staff teams spread across multiple locations and oversee direct implementation of activities in remote and insecure field locations. You will engage in designing and implementing projects advancing CRS’ work in serving the poor and vulnerable. Your management skills and knowledge will ensure that the CP delivers high-quality programming and continuously works towards improving the impact of its programming. You will ensure CRS’ food assistance programming complement and integrate with all other CRS programming in the same target areas. You will be based in Juba city, Central Equatoria State, with regular and extended deployments (minimum for 3 weeks) to remote and insecure field locations.
* Master’s Degree in International Development, International Relations or related field required. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
* Minimum of 3 years of relevant field-based experience managing moderately complex projects required, preferably with an international NGO.
* Demonstrated experience of extended deep-field experience in complex, resource-limited settings.
* Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
Required Languages – English fluency; Arabic and Nuer a plus
Travel – Must be willing and able to spend up to 80% of time in remote and insecure field locations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Cultural awareness and the capacity to learn rapidly and adapt management approaches to varying cultural and security contexts.
* Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment. Proven ability to plan and manage multiple tasks in parallel to optimize the short seasonal implementation window in multiple locations. Capacity to respond rapidly to evolving challenges, devise appropriate solutions and achieve results.
* Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively with culturally diverse groups. Experience and skills in implementing matrix management for programs and operations field teams.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to write reports.
* Ability to work and live in difficult conditions, including adhering to a curfew and limited movements.
* Demonstrated capacity to live and work in remote and insecure field locations with very basic amenities, few or no other international staff and limited or no internet and adhere a strict curfew and movement restrictions.
* Project management experience in WFP GFD is preferred.
* Experience integrating WFP with other programs is highly desirable.
* Experience contributing to the development of technical proposals.
* MEAL skills and experience preferred.
* Experience with WFP LESS and reporting systems is highly desirable.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Continuous Improvement & Innovation
* Builds Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Strategic Mindset
* Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: National staff based in field locations (10+).
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: MEAL Program Manager, Gender and Protection Technical Advisor, Business Development Specialist, Security Manager, Operations Advisor and programs and operations management teams across the Country Program.
External: WFP, peer agencies, national and state level food security and livelihoods clusters and local government authorities.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect o ur commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
How to apply
southsudanJobs.com is the place for jobseekers to find the job of their dreams and for recruiters to advertise their vacancies to find/reach the right candidates.