South Sudan Jobs southsudanjobs.com
Programme Manager **
Location: 1) Maban County, Upper Nile State — South Sudan 2) Yambio, Western Equatoria State**
Application Closing Date: 2nd November 2020
Position opened to: Internationals/Nationals
Salary Range & Benefits: In accordance with JRS pay grade and commensurate with experience
Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS) is an international Catholic organization, with a mission to accompany, serve and defend the rights of refugees and forcibly displaced people. JRS has a priority to work wherever the needs of displaced people are urgent and unattended by others, and offers a human service to refugees and the communities through a wide range of rehabilitation and relief activities, many of which centered around formal and informal education needs.
The successful candidate’s one will be based in Maban County, Upper Nile State and one in Yambio Western Equatoria State with JRS where the focus is in extending PSS and educational support across refugee communities, as well as to vulnerable host community.
- Take responsibility for the consistent delivery of quality programming in Maban, Yambio ensuring it is sustainable, directly linked to JRS South Sudan organizational strategy and adhering to recognized international standards.
- Facilitate the design of JRS Maban, Yambio frameworks and plans, including resource mobilization strategies to optimize the impact of programming interventions in line with regional and agency strategic priorities (thought less defined).
- Support Coordinators in managing and implementing all activities throughout relevant project cycles – project design, start-up, implementation and close-out – to ensure efficient and effective implementation in line with JRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices. Ensure project teams and partner staff use the appropriate systems and tools.
- Contribute to high-quality project design incorporating project management standards and MEAL methods, appropriate to scope, context and technical requirements of projects. Coordinate planning of activities for particular projects to ensure integration of program interventions and efficiency in implementation.
- Contribute to creating and maintaining the proper conditions for learning. Help establish a safe environment for the sharing of ideas, solutions, and difficulties and the capacity to detect, analyze and respond quickly to small deficiencies. Promote accountability, learning and knowledge management as part of the implementation of the MEAL policy.
- Coordinate with JRS Maban Project Director and Technical Coordinators to ensure appropriate budgeting and efficient use and stewardship of project resources; ensuring all deliverables are met on time and to a high standard.
- Coordinate the identification, assessment and strengthening of appropriate partnerships and the appropriate application of partnership concepts, tools and approaches.
- Contribute where needed in the business development cycle to ensure quality proposals per agency and donor standards.
- Coordinate technical assistance and capacity strengthening for project teams and partners in project management standards and related MEAL, business development and operational activities. Help identify training opportunities, develop training curriculums and deliver trainings.
- Draft and or review terms of reference for consultants as needed, supervise and evaluate their performance in delivering required outputs;
Core skills and experience required
· The successful candidate will have at least 2 years’ experience in programme management, preferably in a complex conflict environment.
· He/she will have good experience in grant management of large institutional donor grants and related compliance requirements.
· Ability to lead and mentor the team in participatory design processes is a must.
· Ability to manage team members, identify capacity gaps, work out and take responsibility for capacity development plans a necessity.
· Ability to work collaborative and cross functionally with other team members at JRS Maban and JRS Country Office a must.
· He/she will manage their time effectively and responsibly, be attentive to their own personal wellbeing and support other team members in the effective and responsible management of their time.
· Able and suited to living simply and working in a strategic but responsive way in a remote, complex location.
Core values and ethics
· Good understanding of and compatibility with the values of JRS;
· Very good pastoral sense and listening abilities and communication/inter-personal skills;
· Demonstrated ability and experience of working in a multi-cultural environment with good multicultural sensitivities and in a flexible environment.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a cover letter that indicates what skills and experience you have that meets the criteria and your availability. The CV (maximum 3 pages) should include contacts (phone and email) for three referees. Please note that only official email addresses for referees will be accept. Kindly send the application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm closing date 2nd November 2020 or hand delivery to JRS-Juba, South Sudan office in Tomping next to India Embassy.
PLEASE NOTE: due to urgent need to fill this vacant position, we will be reviewing the application as we receive. Only candidates who apply by the deadline and who can demonstrate experience of overall strategic Programme management processes should apply and only short listed candidates will be contacted and only candidates who reached to final oral interview will be inform of interview outcome. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Commitment to Child Safeguarding:
JRS is committed to the safeguarding of children (under 18 years) who encounter with JRS South Sudan personnel and volunteers in all JRS South Sudan works. All JRS-South Sudan Staff are expect to comply with JRS Child safeguarding Policy and Procedures in this regard and to sign a declaration of commitment to this effect.
Commitment to Protection of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA):
JRS-South Sudan takes the protection of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA) serious and all the JRS-South Sudan personnel and volunteers are expect to comply with the JRS-PSEA policy and to sign declaration of commitment.
southsudanJobs.com is the place for jobseekers to find the job of their dreams and for recruiters to advertise their vacancies to find/reach the right candidates.