Under the overall supervision of the Country Director and Deputy Regional Manager, the Program Director has the key responsibility to coordinate and ensure the successful development and optimal implementation of AVSI’s program strategy in South Sudan.
Main tasks and responsibilities :
- Contributing to the overall strategic planning for AVSI’s mission and leading the definition of the Humanitarian and Development Strategy in close link with the different sectors of intervention;
- Network among donors and key stakeholders to actively seek funding opportunities, help increase the quality of proposals, understand donor priorities and ensure coordination;
- In cooperation with Country Director and Deputy Regional Manager, provide adequate support and supervision to senior programme staff, follow-up all phases of the Project cycle management (PCM);
- Write, as a first responsible, project proposals for major donors;
- Represent AVSI South Sudan at district-level coordination meetings (Clusters, Working Groups) and share with the supervisors the main points of the discussions;
- Contributing to the recruitment, inception and training of AVSI’s programme staff.
- University degree, preferably in a topic related to project management or international development; a Master on Humanitarian Studies or African Studies an asset;
- At least 3/5 years of professional experience in humanitarian / emergency contexts;
- Previous experience in South Sudan an asset.
Required skills and experiences :
- Solid leadership and staff management skills, with a record of managing large, diverse teams and contributing to the capacity building to national and international staff;
- Familiarity with the conflicts settings.
- Strong internal and external coordination and representation skills;
- Strong capacity to work under-pressure;
- Strong facilitation skills;
- Strong communication skills and cross cultural sensitivity;
- Willingness to travel within the country.
How to apply
- Posted by: Main Office
- Company: Associazione Volontari per il Servizio Internazionale
- Location: Anywhere
- State: Juba - South Sudan
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Program/Project Management
- Tags: No Tags
344 total views, 1 today