Program Director – Partnerships and Learning
South Sudan Jobs southsudanjobs.com
The Program Director for Partnerships and Learning provides strategic direction, project management leadership, and technical expertise in media development to support effective and streamlined programming in South Sudan.
The Program Director is a key member of the Senior Leadership team and works closely with the Deputy Chief of Party and Chief of Party. The Program Director will work closely with managers and technical advisors on the project.
The Program Director will oversee and manage two teams: 1) Partnerships and 2) Learning, and is currently expected to have five (5) direct reports including the Communications and Learning Manager (CLM), Subgrants Coordinator, M&E Reporting Coordinator, and two M&E Offficers. Once a CLM is hired, the M&E and reporting Coordinator and two M&E Officers will report to the CLM. The Program Director will also work closely with the Partnerships Coordinator. The Program Director is therefore ultimately responsible for the successful engagement and coordination of international and local media partners, as well as management and communication of impact across all activities for Internews in South Sudan.
This position is currently remote-based, but will eventually be based in Juba, South Sudan with some travel required to field locations.
- Contribute new ideas and develop initiatives related to media development, media innovation, and media partnerships in the South Sudan context;
- Support the Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party to develop draft project work plans, agreement modification requests. Respond to donor inquiries and strengthen long-term strategy for Internews South Sudan;
- Develop organization-wide project and personnel management systems, processes, and tools including rollout and support to ensure wide adoption and use;
- Ensure two-way communication and feedback between all departments, staff, partners, donors and stakeholders;
- Develop a communications and learning strategy to articulate the full scope and impact of the project on a regular basis to external and internal stakeholders.
- Oversee Internews’ partnerships component, in close collaboration with the Grants and Compliance Manager, Sustainability Advisor, Subgrants Coordinator, and Partnership Coordinator;
- Ensure sub-grant related administrative processes and procedures are standardized and consistently implemented throughout the program, including agreements, disbursements, and reporting, in collaboration with the Grants and Compliance Manager;
- Ensure good knowledge management across grants, including key project documentation, to enable all teams supporting the grant to access information and provide a fully auditable trail;
- Explore new partnerships with USAID, OFDA, and PRM implementing partners in collaboration with the Partnerships Coordinator and Senior Leadership team;
- Develop concept notes and agreements for potential or new media partnerships;
- Manage new partnership agreements in collaboration with Project Managers as necessary.
- Oversee the performance and impact measurement for Internews in South Sudan, including collection and monitoring of all data, processing and verification, in close collaboration with the Communicating and Learning Manager and the M&E and Reporting Coordinator.
- Manage donor reporting for projects funded by USAID, BPRM, UN, etc., in close collaboration with the M&E and Reporting Coordinator.
- Oversee the communication of program impact across all activities of Internews in South Sudan, in close collaboration with the Communications and Learning Manager;
- Contribute to overall communications strategy as led by the Communications and Learning Manager with the support of the Social Media Coordinator; includes generation of content and social media presence.
- Directly supervise and coach staff of two teams: 1) Partnerships: Subgrants Coordinator and 2) Learning: Communications and Learning Manager, M&E and Reporting Coordinator, and two (2) M&E Officers;
- Responsible for keeping meticulous records, archives and databases for all activities and ensuring they are updated regularly.
- MBA, MPA or MA in business, non-profit management, social science, development, evaluation, or related field OR equivalent standard of education;
- Knowledge of and interest in technological solutions for increasing project and team efficiency, productivity, collaboration, engagement, communication, accountability and morale;
- Familiarity with various project management approaches or tools such as PMDPro, PMD4NGOs, Trello, Asana, and a desire to support teams to implement them;
- Strong hands-on media background in a development context;
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation for social programs and/or media;
- Experience with grants management and due diligence;
- Exceptional and inspired English writing skills, to a publishable standard. Writing samples and portfolio required;
- Familiarity with both qualitative and quantitative data collection and M&E database systems;
- Sensitivity to cross-cultural dynamics in the workplace and experience supervising diverse staff;
- Must be self-reliant, resourceful, good problem-solver, good humored, and flexible;
- Experience living and working in Africa and/or conflict/post-conflict environments;
- Ability to travel within South Sudan. Willingness to spend extended time in the field, with limited facilities, often under harsh conditions;
- Understanding of and commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Fluency in English required; knowledge of Arabic a plus
southsudanJobs.com is the place for jobseekers to find the job of their dreams and for recruiters to advertise their vacancies to find/reach the right candidates.