PROGRAM DIRECTOR (HPF PROGRAM MANAGER)
CCM (Comitato Collaborazione Medica) is an Italian NGO operating in Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan, specialized in health-related projects’ implementation, either in humanitarian and development contexts.
CCM has conducted several interventions in South Sudan since 1983, working mainly in Warrap and Lakes States. CCM is currently leading agency for 2 HPF lots (19 and 6) in supporting local health institutions to manage: a) 2 Hospitals and 21 among Primary Health Care Centers (PHCCs) and Primary Health Care Units (PHCUs) in 2 counties of Greater Tonj (ex Warrap State); and 1 Hospital and 44 among PHCCs and PHCUs in Kapoeta North, East and South. This in order to improve primary and secondary health care services and contribute to meet the MoH priority targets, according to the national health strategies. CCM is also responsible for the management of the Mother Teresa Hospital in Turalei (Twic County) within Lot 18.
In addition, CCM is also the leading agency for UNICEF in Greater Tonj focusing on the treatment of SAM and MAM as well as for the Target Supplementary Feeding Programme for WFP.
Additionally, the current political situation of South Sudan has recently determined a high number of IDPs and refugees. CCM is committed to (i) ensure the emergency response to the current humanitarian crisis; and (ii) preserve the already fragile health system from a possible deterioration and collapse due to the humanitarian crisis.
For further information on the organization, please visit the website at www.ccm-italia.org.
Duties and Responsibilities **
The Program Director will have direct management and coordination of all organization’s project activities and act as the Health Pooled Fund Programme Manager (HPF PM). S/he will be responsible for technical leadership, administrative oversight of the project, and implementation of project deliverables. S/he will manage the Lot Coordinators, and partner with a Health Advisor, a Finance Manager and Procurement Coordinator for program implementation and execution. S/he will engage closely with County and state MOH officials, donors and representatives to ensure quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all products and activities generated under existing grants. The Program Director Manager is expected to have strong leadership qualities and strong project management and budget management skills.
The potential candidate will also be required to have partnership management skills. S/he will be responsible for the management of partners who are part of the organization’s Led consortium and ensure that the deliverables managed under them are achieved.
Overall key responsibilities
- Overall management responsibility of all programs
- Overall communication with HPF about project implementations and reporting
- Coordination with donors and Ministry of Health (MOH GOSS) at Juba level
- Direct line management of the Lot Coordinators
- Focal point for Value For Money (VFM) for the intervention
- Budget management and monitoring in conjunction with Country Administrator
- Management of the consortium partners, where applicable
- Ensures that the procurement of supplies and medicines are timely and within budget
- Ensures that projects achieve set targets and deviations are flagged and escalated as appropriate
- Overall oversight of partner compliance with contracts
- Together with the all relevant stakeholders carry out regular joint county supportive supervision visits
Budget monitoring and Management
- Monitors the budget on an ongoing basis comparing the forecasts closely with the expenditures. Ensures deviation to spending is flagged and solutions sought to ensure CCM’s forecasts and expenditure are within 10% variance.
- Collaborates with the finance manager (Juba level) to produce monthly budget follow-ups for effective budget management.
- Responds to queries from HPF and other donors within the stipulated timelines.
- Ensures that the partners are also spending their budget lines in accordance to agreed forecasts.
- Ensures development and operationalization of all program work plans
- Ensure qualitative and timely reporting of all project activities within donor stipulated timelines
- Ensure follow up of any deviation from targets before the reporting and explained in the monthly reporting
- Be available for responses to any donor questions and queries to see to their final resolution.
- Provide mentoring to project staff on proper reporting protocols.
- All projected procurement requests are raised and approved timely for processing by the procurement team.
- Ensure field teams adherence to the procurement schedule for timely approval process
- In collaboration with the Procurement Coordinator, tracks the procurement processes in a regular and detailed manner.
- Ensures that all project staff are working in accordance to their Job descriptions
- Directly line manages the Lot Coordinators.
Project funding integration
- Ensure that all donors’ support is complementary to promote co-funding efforts.
- Closely coordinate and work with the relevant stakeholders and staff ensuring that work plans developed are jointly done and reviewed.
- Ensure regular visits to field sites are conducted by Juba office technical teams to all supported sites
- Conducts supportive supervisory visits to field offices at least on a quarterly basis
- Conducts yearly review of activities and achievements with field teams with a view of improving program performances
- This position reports to the Country Representative for South Sudan.
- Master’s in Project Management or an equivalent of at least 7 years’ experience within the humanitarian sector
- Excellent knowledge on rules and regulations governing implementation of DFID funding
· Experience in South Sudan and/or in other African countries is a strong asset
- Knowledgeable on Health System Strengthening approaches in South Sudan is a strong asset
- Excellent negotiation skills for engagement with SMOHs, CHDs, HPF, other Health & Nutrition actors and internally with CCM.
- Able to work under pressure to accomplish program needs and deliverable.
- Excellent computing skills including Microsoft Office packages especially MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Database
- Excellent knowledge of budget management required
- Able to analyze large data sets for use in reporting.
- Fluency of both written and spoken English
Salary: Depending on the experience
Benefits. According to CCM country HR policy:
- Food and accommodation provided by CCM;
- Country medical cover in SSD (and neighboring countries) and only for CCM staff (no family members)
- 2,5 leave days per month, plus 10 days of R&R every 10 consecutive weeks in the country
- 600 USD per every R&R schedule to cover for flight/taxi outside of SSD.
How to apply
Please, email your resume with references ‘details (max 4 pages) and your motivation letter (max 1 page) to email@example.com
Please, to help the HR office to consider your application properly, specify in the email subject the vacancy title as follow Programme Director/HPF PM_SouthSudan and rename the file surname_name_Cv or surname_name_Letter
Please, note every resume will be evaluated and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CCM has a zero tolerance for any form of abuse/harassment and staff are expected to uphold the organizational values. We are determined to keep our beneficiaries safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of vulnerable children and adults from any form of abuse