Charity and Empowerment Foundation (CEF) is a local national and not for profit organization established in 2017 to address the most urgent and pressing needs of the people of South Sudan. The aim of forming CEF is to lead positive social change by empowering communities to improve their healthy living conditions, fight poverty, illiteracy, marginalization, injustice, dictatorship, and traditional institutions that oppress and discriminate against women. CEF is growing at a steady rate with four thematics areas of Education, Food Security and Livelihood, WASH, and Protection.
We are looking for an experienced Program Director to supervise a wide range of programs. You will be responsible for the delivery and overall success of each program. You will supervise managers and inform management on progress and performance.
A successful Program Director must have a broad knowledge of program management principles. He/she must have a strategic mindset as well as be able to lead and develop their subordinates.
The director of programs will be responsible for the implementation, management, supervision, and evaluation of all the organization’s programs. As a member of the senior management team, the director of programs will participate in strategic planning and budgeting initiatives in addition to problem-solving. He/she will work within the guidelines, policies, and mission of the organization and will be accountable and responsible for specific projects as assigned
Duties and responsibilities:
Human resource management
- Direct, plan and coordinate the work of the program staff including supervision and evaluation, training, and team building
- Ensure adequate and qualified staff to carry out the program activities
- In consultation with the executive director, responsible for the selection, hiring, coaching, and discipline of the program employees
- Oversee all project activities and be the main contact for the field staff
- Ensure project activities comply with the policies and regulations of the donor organization.
- Responsible for overseeing the development and execution of project deliverables, lead project planning, budgeting, action plans, and monitoring processes.
- Responsible for submitting activity reports on a regular basis to the donor.
- Oversee the preparation and submission of annual activity-based project budgets as well as monthly and quarterly financial reports and sending of new funding requests.
- Lead and motivate the project team and monitor project activities and project expenditure and coordinate work with consultants and volunteers in the project
- Ensures close collaboration and coordination with cooperating partners to guarantee smooth implementation of activities and achievement of results as specified in grant agreements.
- Employs resourcefulness in project design, implementation, and monitoring.
- Receive field reports from project officers and submit it to the Executive Director
- Attend Clusters and Sub-Cluster Working Groups on behave of CEF
- Write project proposals and liaises with partners
- Take other responsibilities assign to him/her by the Executive Director
- Responsible for the implementation, management, supervision, and evaluation of all activities of the program in accordance with CEF principles
- Responsible for the expansion of the programs forming partnerships where appropriate
- Compiles, maintain, and report on monthly, quarterly, and annual program statistics.
- Analyze trends in the program, identifying issues and developing and recommending solutions to the executive director
Fundraising and Networking
- Create alliances and partnerships with potential donors/partners
- Maintain existing partners and strengthen partnership with them
- Lead proposal development and follow up with the potential donors/partners
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Ten years of experience working with the program department of an international or national humanitarian organization
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Excellent Knowledge of performance evaluation techniques and key metrics
- Outstanding knowledge of data analysis, reporting, and budgeting
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- An analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to manage project implementation successfully
- Ability to coordinate with partners, beneficiaries, local authorities, and field staff
- Ability to motivate project team
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrate the ability to establish effective working relations with staff, beneficiaries, and other stakeholders
- Ability to plan, organize, implement, and report on time
- Demonstrate the ability to liaise with partners, local authorities, and community
- Ability to strictly observe and respect the code of conduct of the organization
- Must be fluence in English
How to apply
Qualified applicants should send their resume and copies of certificates via email@example.com by 19 June 2020 at 23:59 EAT. Your email subject must be Application for Program Director Position.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted
Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply