Program Development Officer
South Sudan Jobs southsudanJobs.com
We are hiring a Program Development Officer in South Sudan! As the Program Development Officer, you will play the invaluable role of creatively crafting grant proposals to maximize Samaritan’s Purse’s consideration for funding opportunities. You will be responsible for managing a grants portfolio within an assigned sector(s) (e.g. WASH, FSL, Nutrition, Health, etc.). This position will provide technical assistance and knowledge management support during project cycle implementation, monitoring, and the close-out process.
Be the hands and feet of Jesus! Allow God to utilize your talents for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose through Samaritan’s Purse. Join us today!
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
This role is an unaccompanied position.
You will be given the opportunity to:
· No direct supervisory responsibilities; however, will oversee various technical support staff in the specific programs designed and will coordinate with associated program units.
· Review and approve financial transactions for Samaritan’s Purse field operations based in the region as appropriate (includes vouchers, FERs, cash advances, transfers, etc.).
· Develop programming through writing concept papers, proposals and budgets using best practices and lessons learned in coordination with appropriate program units.
· Coordinate with multiple internal departments (International Headquarters, Logistics, Finance, Security) throughout the proposal development process to ensure the ultimate quality and practicality of Samaritan’s Purse programs.
· Build relationships with bilateral donors, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), and other agencies.
· Represent Samaritan’s Purse South Sudan in relevant UN cluster meetings and other donor/partner meetings.
· Monitor and be aware of upcoming agency “calls for proposals” and proactively inform assigned supervisors of upcoming opportunities.
· Assist as needed in program implementation, including: developing assessments, baselines, budgets, monitoring and evaluation systems, field visits to verify data, reporting, and close-out.
· Assist with strategic planning and the implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting of newly funded programs.
· Build capacity of field staff in general program development skills, behavior change communication, and quantitative and qualitative monitoring and evaluation skills.
· Maintain detailed records of all relevant grants documentation in both electronic and hard copy form. Ensure grant documents, such as signed copies of agreements, reports, asset lists, etc. are filed and kept for audit purposes.
We need you to bring:
· A personal, vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ and desire to continue being an active, consistent witness for Him.
· Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university in International Affairs, Development, Politics, or related field of study.
· 3 – 5 years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experience working for INGOs, preferably in Africa.
· 3 years’ experience in grants/contracts management (required).
· Thorough knowledge and understanding of donor requirements, including USAID, BHA (OFDA/FFP), BPRM, UNHCR, WFP, FAO, GAC, DFID.
· Experience with monitoring and evaluation routines of major donors.
· Experience working and living overseas (preferred); with ability to be flexible and adaptable.
· Experience working with a multi-national staff team (preferred).
· Ability to analyze data and project activities against core documents, policies, humanitarian ethics, and organizational goals.
· Ability to design, implement, and evaluate data collection tools and analysis. Database development and management.
· Proven ability to work creatively and independently. A strong team player and adept at creating a strong team spirit.
· Ability to work with culturally diverse groups of people.
· Ability to travel and work in difficult conditions under pressure.
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs and have strong mathematical, analytical, and reasoning abilities.
· Language: Fluency in English (required). Strong English oral and language writing skills.
What you receive:
· Career with purpose!
· Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
· Disability insurance
· Term Life insurance
· Retirement savings plan (after 1 year)
· 10 paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
· 12 vacation days per year
· Annual home leave
Please provide a cover letter that speaks to why you qualify for this position and be sure to include your resume. Include in your cover letter any prior security training, if applicable. We look forward to reviewing your application!
How to apply
southsudanJobs.com is the place for jobseekers to find the job of their dreams and for recruiters to advertise their vacancies to find/reach the right candidates.