Program Administrator (m/f/d)
Malteser International has been working in what is now South Sudan since 1996. MI implements programs related to Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Food & Nutrition Security, Livelihood, Health and Disaster Risk Reduction and Livelihood Building Programs. The various projects of Malteser International are located in Central Equatoria and Western Bahr el Ghazal.
For our work in Wau, South Sudan, Malteser International is looking for an experienced Program Administrator (m/f/d).
As Program Administrator, you will ensure that the administrative, financial and logistic systems and procedures in our program location in Wau are in compliance with the Malteser International and donor standards. You will be responsible to supervise and guide the administrative team in Wau and the satellite offices in Western Bahr el Ghazal to achieve set targets and ensure sound project support in line with Malteser International’s policies, procedures and guidelines. You will also be responsible for human resources procedures for the team in Wau and the satellite offices and you will ensure that rules and regulations are in place, maintained and adhered to, so that all operational support functions are carried out effectively and efficiently. Professionally you are under the responsibility of the Country Finance Coordinator in Juba and disciplinarily you will under the responsibility of the Programme Coordinator in Wau.
- Ensure sound financial management and proper cash flow management for the location in Wau
- Ensure maintain monthly cashbooks and FT light entries and on time monthly closures
- Monitor ongoing levels of expenditure in individual projects against approved budgets and provides timely advice on over- and under-spending in close coordination with the project managers
- Support the project manager in project-related financial matters and ensure that budgetary implications are understood
- Closely cooperate with the Program Management Team in the establishment of project budgets, budget controls, and procurement plans
- Monitor the financial management of partner organizations and assure their compliance to MI and donor requirements
- Monitor bank related issues (opening, handling, closing of new accounts) for Wau and conducts the bi-annual bank visits
- Prepare and send monthly Cash Request to Country office Juba with collaboration of project managers
- Ensure for human resources procedures for the team in Wau are in place and followed
- Contribute to the recruitment of national staff and supervises their performance in close coordination with Program Coordinator
- Supervise, monitor and support the Operational Support Team (finance, logistics, human resources) to ensure that Malteser International administration, personnel, logistics and finance systems are in place and applied
- Ensure trainings for local staff and partners on finance and HR issues in coordination with HR manager based in Juba
- Ensure audit preparedness by following through on audit recommendations, proper archiving of finance documents and compliance to existing donor/MI procedures
- University degree in Business administration, or other relevant studies desirable
- Work experience in administration and financial management of humanitarian relief, transitional aid and/or development projects
- Proven experience in administrative standards and requirements of donors (German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development/BMZ, German Foreign Office/AA, UN, ECHO)
- Focused individual with capacity to plan and manage in a multiple deadline-working environment
- Proven experience to lead, support and coach teams in a trustful and culturally sensitive way
- Good organizational skills, flexibility, diplomatic and negotiation skills
- Work experience in South Sudan or the region desirable
- Fluency in English (written and spoken), knowledge of German and/or Arabic is an asset
- Fully computer literate (Microsoft Office, accounting software), ability to implement new software packages in field locations
- Starting date: February 1st, 2021
- Duty Station: Wau, South Sudan
- Duration of contract: 12 months (with option for extension)
- Salary according to qualification and experience, insurance package, accommodation in team house/apartment, 30 paid leave days per year, 1 home flight per year, R&R
- Please note that this is an unaccompanied position
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please apply online via our job portal at https://bit.ly/3o14t58.
Kindly submit your application (CV, letter of motivation, copies of diplomas and three professional references) by December 20th, 2020.
*Malteser International is an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all people, regardless of race, color, ethnicity, age, gender, disability, confession, or origin. Qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.