2002857 Procurement Officer
Job Posting: 11/Dec/2020
Closure Date: 02/Jan/2021, 6:59:00 AM
Organizational Unit: Procurement Services, CSLPD
Job Type: Staff position
Type of Requisition: Professional Project
Grade Level: P-3
Primary Location: South Sudan-Juba
Duration: Fixed-term: one year with possibility of extension
Post Number: 2008234
CCOG Code: 1A09
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
The Procurement Service provides advice, guidance and oversight for FAO procurement operations and the Letter of Agreement Quality Assurance function both at headquarters and in FAO decentralized offices; it provides policy and operational support to ensure that the Organization procures goods, works and services based on “Best Value for Money” principles.
The post is located in South Sudan.
The Procurement Officer technically and functionally reports to the senior Procurement Officer (CSLP) and administratively to the FAO Representative.
Procurement of goods and services and quality assurance for Letters of Agreement in compliance with FAO’s rules and regulations.
Ensure that procurement activities comply with FAO’s established policies and procedures and reflect best practice for public procurement.
- Plans, develops and manages all procurement and contractual aspects of significant complexity;
- Advises requisitioning units on the full range of procurement issues, providing support and guidance at all stage of the procurement cycle, meeting objectives under tight deadlines;
- Prepares solicitation process, identifies method of solicitation, drafts tendering documents, identifies sourcing strategy and distributes invitations to tender, also using e-tendering system and supports bid/proposals evaluations while ensuring the solicitation process is fair, objective and transparent and that it follows the general principles, as set forth in the FAO Manual Section;
- Prepares and presents cases to the relevant Procurement Committees;
- Participates in and conducts site inspections, bidder’s conferences and contract negotiations;
- Conducts market research to keep abreast of market developments; researches and analyses statistical data and market reports on the world commodity situation, production patterns and availability of goods and services;
- Contributes to updating procurement policies and related tools, provides procurement reporting as well as clarification/information for auditing purposes;
- Participates in the development of training and related training materials and promotes best practices and capacity development at HQ and the Decentralized Offices;
- Provides guidance to new/junior staff and stakeholders; ensures entry of accurate data using the Organization’s ERP and related systems;
- Makes initial determinations and recommendations concerning disputes or claims arising from contractual instruments or procurement processes;
- Prepares monitoring reports, reviews and analyses data and make recommendations based on findings;
- Performs other duties as required.
- Undertakes the buyer function in conformity with FAO’s rules and regulations;
- Reviews Letters of Agreement in conformity with the quality assurance function as set forth in FAO’s rules and regulations;
- Identifies and makes initial determinations and recommendations concerning disputes or claims arising out of procurement actions;
- Organizes and participates in, as appropriate, local tender opening panels and the Local Procurement Committee (LPC);
- Coordinates with forwarding agents relating to custom clearance, packing, and shipment of goods and maintains logistics records of such procurement-related activities.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced university degree in Law, Business Administration, Accounting, Procurement, Economics, Public Administration, Commerce or a related field;
- Five years of relevant experience in procurement related activities with at least two years in public procurement;
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Demonstrated knowledge of internationally recognized procurement standards and of all phases of international procurement techniques and operations used in contracting for a diverse range of goods and services;
- Extent and relevance of experience in public sector procurement dealing with complex contractual issues including revising, drafting of contract, formulating options and proposing recommendations;
- Extent and relevance of experience in identifying clients’ procurement-related needs and in providing support and guidance from clients’ point of view;
- Demonstrated ability to draft complex documents in English is considered a strong asset;
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable.
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications and language skills;
- Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile;
- Once your profile is completed, please apply and submit your application;
- Your application will be screened based on the information provided on your online profile;
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list;
- Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications;
- Incomplete applications will not be considered;
- Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered;
- We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.