PMTCT AND PEDIATRIC ADVISOR
South Sudan Jobs
Amref Health Africa is an international African organization founded in Kenya in 1957. Our Headquarters are in Nairobi with major programmes in Ethiopia, Kenya, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda, and two regional hubs in Southern and Western Africa based in South Africa and Senegal Respectively. Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments, Amref Health Africa aims to close the gap that prevents people from accessing their basic right to health. Amref Health Africa is committed to improving the health of people in Africa by increasing sustainable health access to communities in Africa through solutions in human resources for health, health service delivery, and investments in health. Our Vision is Lasting Health Change in Africa.
Amref Health Africa in South Sudan is seeking to hire qualified South Sudanese Nationals to fill the following Contingent position for the USAID- Advancing HIV & AIDS Epidemic Control (AHEC) Project in South Sudan.
Project Overview: USAID- Advancing HIV & AIDS Epidemic Control (AHEC):
The purpose of the AHEC activity is to decrease morbidity and mortality among South Sudanese by increasing prevention, care, treatment, and retention services for at-risk men, women, children, and key populations; and to improve South Sudan’s journey to self-reliance by improving strengthening the capacity of local partners to prepare them for the receipt of future prime funding.
1. Job Summary: The PMTCT and Pediatric Advisor will provide technical leadership to drive programmatic improvement in pediatric care and treatment and PMTCT portfolios. The Advisor will act as the technical and programmatic lead in Pediatric care with emphasis on newborn and child health issues including HIV/AIDS pediatrics and PMTCT services that includes programmatic linkages with USAID Health and PEPFAR Teams. The Advisor will be responsible for advising on technical and policy-related issues with South Sudan Government Ministries, the USG interagency Health and PEPFAR team, other donors, and non-governmental organizations working in the area of maternal, newborn/child health and HIV/AIDS, with particular emphasis on HIV/AIDS pediatric care and treatment programs, as well as PMTCT which includes maternal and child health and postnatal care to newborns.**
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide technical expertise and leadership in the scale-up of HIV pediatric treatment and care services and PMTCT
· Collaborate with local partners and the Government of South Sudan to provide technical guidance to pediatric HIV/AIDS and PMTCT programs.
· Ensure that clinical support referral systems are established and maintained between child health and HIV/AIDS programs to facilitate linkages to care, treatment and support including psychosocial, educational and material support for children and their family members
· Monitor project progress, identify implementation achievements and performance problems, and advise appropriate actions in consultation with the HIV Care and Treatment Advisor.
· Oversee/conduct appropriate analyses of relevant data in order to strengthen activities in the areas of neonatal/child health, PMTCT and pediatric HIV care and treatment; in particular, data collection, tracking and reporting efforts.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in medicine, public health.
· At least 5 years of progressive experience in pediatric health, pediatric HIV/AIDS-related activities including PMTCT, and monitoring and evaluation.
· Knowledge of the South Sudan government’s national health and HIV/AIDS-related policies, the South Sudan health care system, and the health-related programs of other donors.
· Thorough knowledge of neonatal/child health, pediatric HIV/AIDS care and treatment services including PMTCT in a resource poor-setting, program design, linkages to maternal and child health services, and program implementation and evaluation.
· In-depth understanding of and familiarity with facility/community neonatal and child health strategies, HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment services.
· Ability to obtain and rapidly analyze information, evaluate data, and prepare reports and related documents under time pressure and in complex situations.
· Ability to establish and maintain contacts with a wide-range of government officials, implementing partners, and site-level providers engaged in neonatal/child health, HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment services.
· Proven Ability on leading technical teams; working across agencies, with government and implementing partners.
· Fluency in English language. Knowledge of Arabic is an added advantage.
· Experience of working with USAID funded projects is an advantage.
· Experience in resource challenged environments.
How to apply
Please send an updated CV including three work related referees and cover letter addressed to the Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP), Amref Health Africa in South Sudan through email@example.com. Emails should not exceed 2MB. For this position, the Applications should be in English. The closing date for submitting applications is Friday June 5, 2020.
NB: Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding at the workplace and does not tolerate any form of abuse, discrimination or harassment.
southsudanJobs.com is the place for jobseekers to find the job of their dreams and for recruiters to advertise their vacancies to find/reach the right candidates.