This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
27 Dec 2020
Peacebuilding & Psychosocial Support (PSS) Training Specialist
Democracy International (DI) is seeking a Peacebuilding/PSS Training Specialist. Under the USAID funded Education for Peace, Recovery, and Resilience (EPRR) program in South Sudan, the Peacebuilding & Psychosocial Support (PSS) Training Specialist will serve as a subject matter expert in the areas of peacebuilding and PSS in South Sudan. He/she will work with EPPR partner education experts to develop and contextualize peacebuilding and PSS curriculums and supplemental material for use in schools as well as materials relevant for work with PTAs, and community members. He/she will facilitate workshops and trainings on peacebuilding and PSS for EPRR partners, drawing upon existing materials and expertise in South Sudan and elsewhere.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Identify peacebuilding, PSS and life skills material and approaches being used in South Sudan or regionally and contextualize for EPRR program activities;
- Train EPRR staff, South Sudanese experts, teachers, and PTA members on peacebuilding, PSS and life skill approaches and theories to be integrated into program activities at all levels.
- In collaboration with STTA Technical Specialists, take existing education and organizational development curriculums and materials and integrate peacebuilding, PSS and life skills lessons; also creating supplemental contextualized material as needed;
- Initiate and oversee peacebuilding, PSS and life skills working groups;
- In coordination with the Community Education Initiates Managers and a volunteer community member, support the establishment of youth peace clubs at the CECs; and develop peace club curriculums with partner organizations
- Must be a South Sudanese National;
- Must have at least a bachelors level degree;
- Must have at least 10 years of relevant experience in developing peacebuilding and psychosocial support resources;
- Must have extensive experience in curriculum development;
- Must be a strong writer and communicator and be experienced in facilitating workshops and trainings;
- Professional fluency in English required; and
- Must be willing to travel to other regions of South Sudan as needed
About the Organization
Democracy International, Inc. (http://democracyinternational.com/) provides technical assistance, analytical services and project implementation for democracy, human rights, governance and conflict mitigation programs worldwide for the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the U.S. State Department and other development partners. Since its founding in 2003, Democracy International has worked with civil society organizations, political parties, election-management bodies, government agencies, legislatures, justice-sector institutions, and others in 70 countries. DI is an equal opportunity employer.