“Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity”
Handicap International is changing his name and becomes « Humanity & Inclusion ». HI, Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Since the organisation was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programmes in 62 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.
HI is engaged in an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org.
HI has been operating in South Sudan since 2006, implementing humanitarian and development actions aimed at improving protection, quality of life, and the promotion of rights of vulnerable individuals, including people with functional limitations, their families, and communities in different locations in South Sudan. HI has since been implementing its humanitarian response with an integrated, multi-sectoral approach, addressing Health, Mental Health & Care Practices, Livelihoods and Protection amongst the South Sudanese Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in camp and non-camp settings, as well as returnees and host communities. In 2020, HI will continue the humanitarian intervention in the areas still presenting urgent needs but also focusing on post-emergency / recovery interventions.
The total mission portfolio is approximatively 5 million euros, implemented. The main donors of the mission are DFID, ECHO, UNHCR, SSHF, Luxembourg Ministry of Foreign Affairs, French Ministry of Foreign Affairs/CDC.
The mission currently employs 15 international and 106 national staff, working from the coordination office in Juba, field offices in Yei, Torit, Yambio and a rapid response teams covering multiple locations across the country. HI is intending to expand Former Unity State to address the humanitarian needs of the population.
HI South Sudan is searching to replace his Operations Manager.
Under the line management of the Country Director, you contribute to the implementation of the mandate and the 10-year strategy of Humanity & Inclusion. You ensure optimal quality and impact of the projects implemented in the country, through a delegation system with appropriate control mechanisms. You share with all HI managers the responsibility of a sound management and successful functioning of the global organization, through paradigm changes.
You manage a team of 5 to 7 Project managers
· Foster a team spirit and team functioning guaranteeing synergies and exchange of good practices between the Project managers and with head office colleagues.
· Size and plan human resources needs of the projects
· Recruit and contribute to the professional development, autonomy and well-being at work of the project managers: in link with the corresponding professional channels, set formalized individual objectives, ensure coherence between HI’s needs and competencies and motivation of his/her teams, develop and monitor competence development plan, evaluate individual performance, contribute to career evolution.
· Animate the daily working interactions between project managers and support teams (technical and shared services, functional link), in order to facilitate project implementation in the country; conduct regular project reviews with project managers and the MEAL unit and support services.
You contribute to the Programme’s Operational strategy and HI frameworks & regulations
· You contribute to the development of the Operational Strategy, and to its implementation and annual monitoring
· You implement the project part of the Operational Strategy:
· You ensure the deployment of and compliance with HI global frameworks, institutional policies and standards.
· You ensure sound management and monitoring of projects, in link with the HQ Technical Referents and the MEAL Unit
· Your ensure compliance with project donors’ rules and regulations, including visibility.
Influence: You develop external influence of HI (forums, operational & strategic alliances, etc.) and the external representation of the organization (events, media)
YOUR PROFILE :
- With generalist background, you have minimum 4 years working in emergency humanitarian programs, and 2 years working in a senior coordination role within an INGO
- You have proven management skills, & strong communication skills
- You have strong experience in leading on grants management responsibilities
- English mandatory (oral and written)
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE POSITION:
South Sudan environment is characterized by:
(1) A capital, Juba, with major presence of INGOs and UN, basic but acceptable leaving conditions (generator, water tanks, basic roads…) and high cost level.
(2) Rural areas with very badly shaped roads, few infrastructure and NGO leaving in compounds. The different sites of intervention are accessible by plane through MAF and WFP-run services. The security conditions are instable with a level 3 and areas under massive conflict.
(3) The rainy season in South Sudan goes from May/June to September/October. During this period, movements are mostly limited since the roads are impracticable.
(4) A special system of R&R is in place with time for rest out of the country every ten weeks around.
· International contract starting from 15 July 2020 for 12 months renewable
· Based in Juba with support missions throughout the country
· Salary from 2 750 € gross/month regarding the experience of the candidate
· Perdiem : 529,92 € net/month
· Hardship allowance : 500€ net/month
· Insurances : medical hearth coverage, retirement planning, repatriation
· Paid holiday : 25 days per year
· R&R : 5 days every 8 weeks
· Unaccompanied position ; Collective housing taken in charge by HI
How to apply
Please apply on line: