South Sudan Jobs
Purpose of the job
The Overall responsibility of the Nutrition Officer will be management of JAMSS SC in Boma, including training and capacity building of JAM Nutrition SC personnel in Management of SAM with Medical complications. This position demands adequate knowledge and skills in nutrition clinical management, staff management, and attention to quality of care and timely documentation and reporting.
This will be demonstrated through accurate reporting to the JAMSS Health and Nutrition Manager, in both written and verbal, in a timely manner. He/she will be responsible for the attendance of SC team and accurate reporting of all related SC data.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Provide Clinical management to SC children according to WHO/SMoH guidelines and coordinate with CHD and DG at County levels including CMAM implementers for continuum of care; adhere to standardized SC performance indicators.
- Conduct Training Needs Assessment for SC personnel including support staff and in collaboration with Health and Nutrition Manager carry out trainings accordingly.
- Devise and develop weekly and monthly plans and personnel schedules for all SC personnel
- In collaboration with Health and Nutrition Manager, identify gaps in SC implementation and plan gaps bridging to ensure SC is integral part of pediatric Ward in Boma Hospital
- Ensure essential SC supplies and equipment are available on site and maintain supplies and equipment rupture at 100% at all times.
- Identify staff training needs of SC personnel and carry out needed trainings in collaboration with Health and Nutrition Manager.
- regular community health and nutrition-related trainings program for JAM health staff in co-ordination with Area Health Manager and Juba Coordinators.
- Attend relevant meetings, training as recommended.
Health and Nutrition Education
- Ensure that appropriate health and nutrition education is provided to and understood by all beneficiaries.
- Organize public nutrition education sessions in coordination with the nutrition and health education teams in all JAM operation sites in Jonglei-State. And assist in development of SC BCC/IEC materials including Toys for children.
- Ensure SC IPC services are in place to minimize infection among patients
- Work in collaboration with Pediatric Ward to integrate SC in the health system of Boma Hospital
Analysis of statistics and Report Writing
- Provide weekly/monthly & quarterly reports for management and donor’s reports and statistics of all nutrition and community health activities to the line Manager and liaise regularly
- Analyze the monthly nutrition SC, interpret it and compare to the indicators; submit SC report to Health and Nutrition Manager on 2nd of every month to be included in NIS.
- Ensure proper documentation and filing of the program’s activities.
- Cooperate with other members of the JAM Jonglei team and develop a good working relationship with the fellow colleagues.
- To maintain confidentiality and enhance JAM’s reputation by acting in a professional and responsible manner.
- To carry out any other duties as assigned by the line Manager.
- Qualified Clinical Officer or Registered Nurse
- Experience working for an INGO preferred and any Other Institution.
- Fluency in English and Arabic required
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to large groups of people
- Ability to think critically and creatively and answer unexpected or difficult questions
- Ability to work in a hostile environment with only basic necessities
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work under little or no supervision
- Must be culturally sensitive.
- Computer skills
How to apply
Qualified South Sudanese nationals should send CVs and Cover Letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
southsudanJobs.com is the place for jobseekers to find the job of their dreams and for recruiters to advertise their vacancies to find/reach the right candidates.