NTD Technical Coordinator
CBM is an international Christian development organisation, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest countries of the world.
CBM seeks to recruit the NTD Technical Coordinator to be based in South Sudan. The post holder will lead the CBM NTD team in South Sudan and contribute to strengthening the technical and organisational capacity of the National NTD Directorate. As CBM’s role is to facilitate the MoH to implement NTD programmes, the ability to build and maintain a strong supportive relationship with the National NTD Director will be essential to success. The post holder will maintain oversight of the programmes, checking progress towards objectives and use of budgets as well as contract conditions – ensuring draft reports are submitted to the Regional Office. Liaison with stakeholders and donors will be a critical area of responsibility, maintaining close working relationships with donors and sub-grantees will be vital. As a key member of the CBM team in South Sudan, the post holder will represent the organisation in a range of different settings.
The post holder will report to the Regional NTD Programme Manager in Nairobi and work closely with the CBM Country Director for South Sudan Office, based in Juba.
1. Main Tasks
Working relationship with the office of the National NTD Directorate
- Prioritise building a supportive working rapport with the NTD Director through daily collaboration and face to face meetings
- Address operational issues through joint problem solving
- Provide mentoring and coaching support
Strategic and operational planning by MoH
- Support medium and long term strategic planning for the wider NTD programmes
- Advise on operational planning and review processes
Programme oversight and budget control
- Keep oversight of all CBM supported NTD programmes
- Oversee implementation of partnership contracts and consultancies.
- Budget management, including verification of requests of funds against budget, approval of payments and transfers, monitor spending against budget
- Oversee compliance with donor contract conditions (safeguarding, procurement, etc)
- Oversee timely and accurate reporting
- Contribute to proposal development and budgeting of new proposals.
Technical and systems support to MoH – MDA, MMDP, M&E, Data Management, SCM,
- Support MoH to ensure advise from visiting experts is actioned
- Advise on compliance with WHO NTD technical guidelines
- Advise on compliance with guidelines on drugs donations
- Support the strengthening of M&E and data management systems
- Advise on Supply Chain Management and compliance with processes
Capacity building to MoH – training to MoH and trainers
- Support MoH to review and plan for capacity building needs
- Provide or facilitate training support to the MoH
Lead/manage the CBM NTD programme team in South Sudan
- Lead and line manage a team of NTD staff in RoSS
- Liaise closely with the CBM Country Director on NTD programme and staff issues
- Collaborate closely with the CBM finances department at country office
- Keep oversight of security issues relating to NTD programmes
- Advise on additional staff needs and assist in recruitment
- Participate at CBM NTD team meetings and inform the NTD team about the programme
Represent CBM and actively participate at NTD meetings/fora as appropriate:
- NTD taskforce meetings, annual programme reviews and programme specific technical meetings.
- Crown Agents/donor programme coordination meetings
- NGO Coordination and security meetings
- Other Government functions and presentations
- Liaise with WHO, donor community and NTD stakeholders.
- Master degree in Public Health, Business Administration or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar position, preferably in a field-based position with an NGO
- Knowledge of project cycle management, including budget management and report drafting using Log Frame approach
- Proven knowledge in medical and technical aspects of Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTD) and/or treatment strategies
- Experience in Disability Inclusive Development would be advantageous
- Profound advocacy, communication and relationship building skills
- Willingness to work and/or travel in high-risk areas following safety & security protocols
- Professional proficiency in English
- In depth knowledge and experience to advise on a wide range of technical issues relating to the PC NTDs – particularly oncho, LF, Schistosomiasis and trachoma, including Morbiditiy Management Disability Prevention (MMDP).
- Ability to advise on strengthening systems for efficiency and accountability.
- Ability to advise on strategic as well as operational planning; an eye for detail but be able to take a strategic view.
- Experience in training and facilitating stakeholder learning
- Ability to lead and support a strong team, delegating to them and coordinating their efforts
- Willingness to adhere and commit to CBM’s Code of conduct, CBM Values and Safeguarding Policy
- Flexibility to travel to the field as required
How to apply
Candidates with the required profile and proven experience, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit via e-mail, a meaningful letter of motivation, stating why he/she wishes to work for CBM, CV, three professional references and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
CBM encourages persons with disabilities who meet the qualifications to apply for this position. For further information about CBM’s inclusion policy, please visit our Resources & Publications section at http://www.cbm.org