National Cold Chain Officer
The main objective of this consultancy is to support the implementation of national vaccine and logistics plan to ensure timely and smooth introduction of COVID-19 vaccine in South Sudan as per the agreed timeframe defined by the MOH and partners. The national consultant will be working with the international consultant to support activities related to the development of the vaccine and logistics plan, procurement and installation of the cold chain equipment, updating the SOPs and stock management tool, capacity building, etc. The national consultant will be also required to visit the field locations as appropriate.
Scope of Work, Activities and Deliverables
In collaboration with MOH/WHO/UNICEF/other extended partner teams as well as UNICEF EPI/Cold chain and logistics team, and contractors, the cold chain officer will support the procurement of cold chain equipment, facilitate the contractual arrangement for transportation, installation and commission, and conduct training to the cold chain technician and vaccine store managers on the vaccine management SOP and stock management tools. The consultant will also ensure the functionality of the cold chain equipment prepared for vaccine introduction through regular monitoring and reporting as well as management of the response mechanism for potential cold chain failure.University degree relevant to the following areas as Public Health, Medicine, Pharmacy, Public Administration, Management, Business Administration, and Supply Chain Management, etc.
Qualifications and Competencies
The Cold Chain Officer/Consultant must have the following qualifications:
University degree relevant to the following areas as Public Health, Medicine, Pharmacy, Public Administration, Management, Business Administration, and Supply Chain Management, etc.
- Have at least three years’ experience at national level in planning, programming, implementation monitoring and evaluation of health/immunization programmes, immunization/health supply, logistics and procurement.
- Professional work experience in a technical expert position related to immunization/health supply, logistics and procurement.
- Health logistician with extensive knowledge of the Expanded Programme on Immunization, including aspects related to mass vaccination campaigns;
- Have proven experience in the implementation of mass vaccination campaigns, for example polio NIDs or Measles SIAs;
Technical Knowledge and other skills:
- Have skills in leadership, teamwork and adult education;
- Proficiency in computer tools, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint software;
- A good command in the logistics tools of the EPI, SMT, CCE inventory tool;
- To have knowledge of the national health system in South Sudan
- Fluency in English (verbal and written)
- Have an organizational and managerial capacity;
- Know how to maintain good relations with all partners;
- Be a team player;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment;
- Can communicate and train.
Estimated Duration of the Contract
6 months – 1st February 2021 to 31st July 2021
Geographic Area: (Duty Station and Official Travel)
The consultant will be based in Juba with frequent travel to field as required.
- All UNICEF rules and regulations related to travel of Consultants/ Individual Contractors apply.
- All travels shall be undertaken only upon the prior written approval by UNICEF.
- The eligible maximum amount for travel is specified in the contract.
- The consultant is responsible for his/her for travel arrangements. The most economic and direct route is authorized.
- Travel costs will be reimbursed after the completion of mission. UNICEF will pay the applicable DSA rate and other travel related expenses upon submission of the invoice together with the supporting documentation.