Contingent Owned Equipment Officer
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of Chief WAMU or the assigned team leader, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Maintains up to date weapons and ammunition database;
- Plans and conducts weapons and ammunition arrival, operational readiness, spot-check and repatriation inspections of deployed units;
- Conducts Dangerous Goods inspections and processes the associated certification;
- Plans and conducts inspections of ammunition storage areas;
- Provides advice on weapons and ammunition related safety issues;
- Process mission clearance for deployment of weapons and ammunition in line with the United Nations Ammunition Manual and approved scales of operational ammunition;
- Drafts Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) as directed;
- Coordinates disposal of unserviceable ammunition throughout the mission area;
- Takes part in investigation of any loss of weapons and ammunition;
- Provides training to deployed units and individual staff officers on weapons and ammunition management;
- Performs other duties as directed.
Qualifications/Requirements Required degree level: Technical/Vocational diploma Education – Additional Comments:
Logistics or related discipline.
Required experience: 60 Months Experience remark:
Minimum five (5) years of experience in logistics, supply chain, material management/inventory control, logistics support related activities or database management. Experience in weapons and ammunition management is very much desirable. Military logistics experience is desirable.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Logistics and supply management Area of expertise details:
Excellent written and spoken English. Proficiency in other official UN languages, which are native for the deployed contingents is a plus.
Driving license: Yes Competencies values:
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.