Movement Control Assistant
UNV is the volunteer-sending arm of the UN System Agencies, Programmes and Funds, since 1970. Over 30,000 UNVolunteers, from different professional and specialist background, have served under the principles of the UN Chart, for peace and development in over 140 countries. The UNVs come from over 150 countries around the world to work in UN led programmes and projects supporting development needs, humanitarian assistance and electoral processes. Working in association with local and international NGOs and CBOs, the UN Volunteers support capacity building processes working at community level, with especial emphasis in volunteer-led or volunteer-supported development action. UNV is also the focal point of the UN System for the International Year of Volunteer (IYV-2001) and more recently was nominated by the UN General Assembly to lead the UNITeS (United Nations Information Technology Services), a Secretary General’s initiative for bridging the “digital divide”. UNV is headquartered in Bonn – Germany.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Movement Control Officer, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Process and finalize passenger Manifests by mid-day, 24 hours prior to flight date;
- Provide excellent services to our clients and make sure they are attended to in a courteous manner;
- Ensure weekly and monthly passenger Statistics/Reports are submitted by close of business every Friday and by close of business on the last calendar date of every month;
- Maintain accurate and up to date the files pertaining to personal effects dispatched/received at the Air Terminal;
- Ensure that movement messages and passenger and baggage manifests are sent to all concerned stations immediately after flights/convoys are dispatched from origins;
- Maintain the detachment Key Performance indicators;
- Participate in the capacity building of National Staff;
- Perform the duties of duty Officer and communicate to the clients the check-in time and flight movement information;
- Attend to calls from clients and resolve issues related to their cargo;
- Ensure the proper implementation UNMISS movement of personnel policies and directives;
- Ensure passengers comply with all applicable dangerous goods regulations and that any items are transported in accordance with the applicable international regulations.
Qualifications/Requirements Required degree level: Secondary education Education – Additional Comments:
Type of Degree: e.g. Logistics and Supply Chain, transportation,etc.
Required experience: 60 Months Experience remark:
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in transportation.
- Experience in any airline or large scale passenger operations.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Multimodal transport, travel and dispatch management and Movement Control (MOVCON) Area of expertise details:
- Computer skills: (e.g. Solid computer skills, including full proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word etc.);
- Ability to operate heavy equipment such as trucks, airport equipment e.g deck loaders, forklifts,etc is required. Computing skills e.g e-mails, MS Office.
Driving license: Yes Competencies values:
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 02-12-2020