Position Title : Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Duty Station : Juba, South Sudan
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 12 November 2020
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Contribute to the development of the ECRP Project and Transition and Recovery Unit monitoring and evaluation systems and tools, in close coordination with the Programme Coordinator (ECRP) and other relevant units, checking that monitoring and evaluation arrangements comply with donor agreements, IOM institutional standards and project requirements.
2. Supervise the ECRP and Transition and Recovery Monitoring and Evaluation support Team effectively to facilitate comprehensive and detailed coverage of projects through all stages of implementation and to provide relevant information for performance management and evaluation of programme/project activities.
3. Participate in the development of a centralized Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) system using open-source geospatial tools that collect structured digital data from the field, which automatically feeds into the system.
4. Review existing monitoring mechanisms and reporting documents including but not limited to project-level M&E plans, data collection tools, site visit notes, and final evaluation reports and recommend improvements where necessary.
5. In coordination with the project manager, facilitate understanding and use of corporate M&E tools such as Ms project in the IOM Project Information and Management System (PRIMA) and Processes and Resources Integrated Systems Management (PRISM) to track project performance indicators, activity progress as well as budget utilization by documenting, visualizing M&E results and sharing with relevant staff and stake holders for learning and improvement.
6. Compile M&E findings using data visualization software and regularly share with relevant stakeholders to facilitate the timely discussion of monitoring data in the appropriate forums.
7. Stay current and familiar with all aspects of the Project in order to provide updates and relevant, up-to-date information to counterparts, share monitoring systems and findings, and discuss avenues for improvement if necessary.
8. Conduct the process of identifying the key performance indicators and parameters for monitoring programme performance and achievements, and for preparing evaluations.
9. Conduct field visits jointly with project teams to project sites to monitor M&E implementation.
10. Coordinate and support the execution of surveys to monitor and evaluate project’s short-term results and impacts to assist with project improvements.
11. Review and analyze monitoring reports, highlight the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation, and recommend corrective measures, where necessary.
12. Organize and conduct M&E training and other capacity-building activities for programme/project staff.
13. Provide technical inputs for evaluation related terms of reference, inception reports and quality assurance processes.
14. Provide information, feedback and technical inputs for bids/selection processes of third-party evaluations and research, field implementation monitoring, and final reporting.
15. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- • Master’s degree in Political or Social Science, Business Administration, International Relations, Law, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- • University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- • Experience in the development and maintenance of database systems (online or offline);
- • Practical experience with mobile data collection software KOBOCollect/ODK;
- • Experience in data visualization software (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau).
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 12 November 2020 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment