MEAL Coordinator for DCA
DanChurchAid (DCA) is looking for an experienced Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Coordinator. The position is a two- and half–year position with the possibility of extension based on performance and donor funding. Duty station will be Juba with frequent travels to field locations.
DCA is working with local partners in South Sudan to assist the poorest of the poor with a focus on protection, combating hunger, working for peace and conflict mitigation and the safe removal of explosive remnants of war (EWR).
In DCA we strive to secure high-quality standards for both our programme and support staff. The aim for our staff is to maintain a smooth running of the DCA Office with accountability, professionalism and staff welfare as a priority; creating an efficient, open and inspiring work environment for all.
The MEAL Coordinator will work closely with the Head of Programmes to strengthen DCA South Sudan quality of programs, monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning systems.
1. Programme MEAL system, framework: Development and Implementation
1a. Programme Monitoring and Evaluation
a. Develop and implement a MEAL strategy and approach with related to support learning, management and accountability for the country programme
b. Provide technical support to DCA units and partner M&E staff through regular contact, field visits and meetings
c. Oversee the roll out and functionality of DCA South Sudan IM system, including the design and maintain electronic and paper-based MIS/GIS systems for tracking and reporting all data
d. Play an active role in global DCA MEAL community of practice, contributing to knowledge sharing and ensuring DCA South Sudan representation in development of global tools and approaches
1b. Programme Quality and Accountability
a. Assume role of CHS Focal Point for the South Sudan Country Office to ensure programme quality and accountability
b. set up and oversee the functionality of complaints and feedback mechanisms
c. Lead on program accountability to partners, national government, benefiting communities and donors
d. periodically follow up and revise on CHS plan implementation
2. Project MEAL systems and Framework
2a. MEAL framework development and Implementation
a. Ensure that the DCA South Sudan program delivers on all internal and external MEAL requirements in a timely manner and with high quality information, which is relevant, disaggregated, triangulated and well analysed
b. Participate in and / or co-facilitate grant opening, closing and other management meetings in collaboration with the Program Managers, Program Officers, and Finance Department
2b. MEAL Data Collection
a. Support DCA units to ensure partners are collecting information on all agreed program indicators and reporting on agreed indicators
b. Develop monitoring and data collection tools for the cash transfer and food security and protection (mine action) program based on agreed program MEAL frameworks and work with Senior/Program officers in collection and management of the monitoring information
c. Ensuring that there is continuous verification of project beneficiaries to minimize inclusion and exclusion errors in the project
2c. MEAL Data Storage and Management
- Maintain databases for all data and information collected or generated by project
- Facilitate trainings for DCA units and partners on the use of project databases and database related reporting; and in tablet/smart phone technology for monitoring purposes
2d. MEAL Data Analysis, Evaluation and Learning
- Development and implement appropriate mechanisms and strategies to ensure MEAL data is used appropriately for management and learning, including plans and tools to increase data usage among DCA units and partners
- Ensure that monthly quantitative and qualitative data analysis is shared with relevant stakeholders to inform program design and review including regular reports to the Program manager on specific program monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning activities
- Analyse AME data and produce reports, factsheets with useful statistical analysis and presentation (charts, tables, histograms, box plots) as necessary in a timely manner
- A bachelor’s degree in relevant field (development, social research preferably with a focus on monitoring)
Experience & Knowledge
- 3-5 years’ experience in a MEAL role working for an international NGO or similar, working in humanitarian and development contexts
- Demonstrable experience in project design and use of related logical design methodologies such as theory of change and the log-frame approach
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in standards and practice of a range of evaluation types and methodologies
- Excellent communication skills, written and spoken: strong writing skills in English, including previous proposal and report writing experience is required
- Experience working with major institutional donors and agencies such as Danida, ECHO/EC, USAID, UN agencies, DFID, and Irish Aid Experience in proposal development and report writing
- Good team player, flexible and capable of working with and supervising a multinational country team, and capable of working under pressure and in harsh environments
- Proven capacity to build the M&E skills of colleagues, partners and community members.
- Confident presentation and facilitation skills, proven record in provision of trainings a plus
- Ability to travel up to 40% from base (Juba) within South Sudan
- Meaningful, professional, dynamic and pleasant workplace.
- Workstation: DCA Country office in Juba, South Sudan
- Duration: One-year contract will initially be offered. Possibility of renewal based on performance and funding
- Contract Type: According to DCA’s non-family handbook
- Starting date: ASAP
How to apply
Please upload your CV and cover letter, no later than 25 June 2021, using the following link: https://www.danchurchaid.org/join-us/jobs/international-vacancies/meal-coordinator-for-dca-s-south-sudan-country-office
A written test will take place on 29-30 June 2021 and interviews will take place on 7-8 July 2021 please clearly indicate if you are unavailable on any of these dates.
Note that all interested irrespective of age, gender, disability, religion or ethnicity are encouraged to apply for the vacancy.
Everyone applying for a job with DCA must be ready to comply with our Staff Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment and our Child Safeguarding Policy.
DCA conducts an anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment with us.
To know more about DCA please visit our websites (www.danchurchaid.org