Manager of Programme Quality
ZOA’s programme in South Sudan
ZOA has worked in South Sudan since 1998 and is active in the sectors Food Security and Livelihoods, Wash and Peace Building with a mix of early-recovery programming where possible and humanitarian programming where necessary. ZOA – South Sudan has offices in two States (Central Equatoria and Jonglei) and employs 40 national staff members. Its present implementation portfolio is around Euro 2.8 million per annum. One third of its work is implemented via long-term partners. The political context in South Sudan remains fragile, despite encouraging progress with the implementation of a Peace Agreement. This is an extra motivation for the team to fulfill its mission for vulnerable people in a nation that is recovering from the impact of a civil war.
The responsibility of the Manager of Programme Quality is to ensure high quality programme design, implementation and evaluation by providing line management with expertise and knowledge. In addition, the Manager of Programme Quality is responsible for the development of high quality project proposals for potential donors.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
- Advise and provide support on the development of the Country Strategy and Annual Plan;
- Responsible for adherence to ZOA policy and compliant with ZOA, donor, national and international guidelines, policies and standards in the implementation of projects;
- Develops, implements and maintains monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEAL) tools, including the use of standardized indicators and beneficiary accountability tools;
- Responsible for partner assessments and the development of capacity development plans;
- Ensures gender, protection and conflict sensitive project design and implementation.
Reporting/Digital Data Collection
- Contributes to the development of high quality project proposals and monitors consistency between donor proposals and Country Strategy;
- Supports the CD and PGMs in the writing of the internal quarterly reports and annual review.
- Responsible for the development of knowledge management at country level and contributing to organisation wide knowledge management.
- The candidate is expected to fully support the vision, mission and Christian values of ZOA.
- University degree in a humanitarian, development or other relevant field;
- At least three years’ field experience in a development country;
- Successful track record in program and proposal development with different donors;
- Good spoken and written command of English;
- Research skills.
- Conceptual flexibility;
- Logical thinker;
- Strong formulation and writing skills;
- Management skills.
- Customer-friendly attitude;
- Result-oriented approach;
- Interpersonal sensitivity.
- Duty station can be either Juba, South Sudan or Apeldoorn, the Netherlands. For the Netherlands, a EU work permit is required for those applying outside of the EU;
- Rest and recuperation (R&R) conditions apply for this post (if based in Juba);
- This is not a family post (if based in Juba).
Do you need more information?
For more information about ZOA, please visit at our website www.zoa-international.com.
If you have questions about this vacancy, you can contact Charity van Bemmel email email@example.com
Job location: Juba, South Sudan OR Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Starting date: As soon as possible
Duration position: 3 years