Manager of Operations
Job location: Juba, South Sudan
Starting date: As soon as possible
Vacancy closing date: 17th January, 2021
Duration position: 3 years
Working hours: Full-time
We are here for our neighbours in need, who are suffering in this broken world.
ZOA, as an international NGO, supports people who have lost everything due to armed conflict or natural disaster. Together, we can come to their aid in emergencies and remain faithful to communities as they recover – providing new opportunities for them to help themselves again. The work of ZOA is coordinated from the Netherlands. We are active in multiple countries in Africa, South America, the Middle East Region, and Asia. We work with approximately 900 employees worldwide and with (local) partners. We invite you to join our team of committed colleagues.
ZOA is looking for a
Manager of Operations in South Sudan
ZOA’s programme in South Sudan
ZOA has worked in South Sudan since 1998 and is active in the sectors Food Security and Livelihoods, Wash and Peace Building with a mix of early-recovery programming where possible and humanitarian programming where necessary. ZOA – South Sudan has offices in two States (Central Equatoria and Jonglei) and employs 40 national staff members. Its present implementation portfolio is around Euro 2.8 million per annum. One third of its work is implemented via long-term partners. The political context in South Sudan remains fragile, despite encouraging progress with the implementation of a Peace Agreement. This is an extra motivation for the team to fulfill its mission for vulnerable people in a nation that is recovering from the impact of a civil war.
The Manager of Operations is responsible for effective and efficient management and control of all operational processes in the country organisation. This includes Finances, HR, Logistics and IT, and Security.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
- Contributing to the Country Strategic and annual Plan;
- Development of monthly and quarterly financial management information at country organisation and at Programme Organisation level;
- Preparation of country annual accounts;
- Monitoring finance compliance to internal and external (donor and government) rules and regulations;
- Preparing and processing the allocation of indirect costs to project budgets;
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports at country organisation and program organisation level
- Advising and supporting the Country Director and Program Managers in the development of budgets of funding proposals;
- Managing financial audits and responding to audit reports.
- Maintaining country specific policies and procedures in the fields of Finance, HR management, Security, Logistics and procurement;
- Maintaining Country administrative manual (finance, HR, procurement) and ensuring compliance.
- Translating ZOA’s worldwide HR policies and procedures into the local cultural setting and the implementation of HR policies and procedures;
- Monitoring HR compliance to internal and external (donor and government) rules and regulations;
- Ensuring that Terms & Conditions of employment comply with local legal requirements;
- Ensuring gender sensitivity in staffing and policies.
- Implementation of IT and logistical policies and procedures;
- and evaluation of logistical policies and procedures.
- Supporting the Country Director to enforce adherence to the security rules and instructions and that Local Security Plans are being developed.
The Manager of Operations contributes to partner capacity enhancement in areas of Finances, HR, Logistics and IT.
Leadership and management
- Member of the Country Management Team and the Local Crisis Team;
- Provide leadership to staff reporting to the Manager of Operations.
- The candidate is expected to fully support the vision, mission and Christian values of ZOA.
- Bachelor or Master degree in financial management or auditing and knowledge of HR;
- Command of English is essential;
- Preferably, some cross cultural experience in a development setting.
- Result-oriented approach;
- Takes initiative to improve processes and procedures;
- Knows how to prioritize;
- Flexible conduct;
- Customer-friendly attitude;
- Effective and appropriate communication.
- South Sudan is a non-family duty station
- R&R regulations apply
Do you need more information?
For more information about ZOA, please visit at our website www.zoa-international.com.
If you have questions about this vacancy, you can contact Charity van Bemmel email email@example.com
Interested and you want to apply?
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly via our website (the buttion below).
CV’s of no more than 5 pages in length are appreciated.
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in the application. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. It is our aim to inform all other candidates of their status in the recruitment process within 4 weeks after the vacancy has closed. An assessment may be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.