Malaria Technical Advisor
About the role
The Malaria Technical Advisor is responsible for provision of high level technical and strategic advice in control of malaria in South Sudan, providing malaria-specific technical and programming guidance and support to strengthen and guide implementation with a focus on malaria monitoring and evaluation. S/he will lead the programme in planning, monitoring and coordinating activities, policies, and improving the programmatic and management of the programme. The Malaria Technical Advisor is primarily responsible for the design and technical oversight of Global Fund supported activities, including but not limited to integrated community case management of malaria (iCCM), LLIN distribution, IPTp, IRS, case management, entomological monitoring, SBCC, advocacy, sub-recipient quality assurance.
Roles & Key Responsibilities
- Provide strategic direction on appropriate technical interventions associated with the scope of the grant
- Provide expert guidance to the MoH and other key stakeholders on appropriate policies, tools, strategies etc.
- Ensure strategic objectives and results are accomplished and meet technical quality standards through annual and quarterly activity planning and budget forecasts. Lead quarterly technical review of implementation plans.
- Provide technical and programmatic support to project team and sub recipients. Including supporting the development of annual country malaria operational plans and assisting in monitoring and tracking overall progress of plans and activities.
- Provide QA on sub-recipient activities as appropriate
- Provision of training, development of SOP manuals, training materials; participation in manuscript preparation; semi-annual and annual reporting
Required Technical Expertise:
The following technical expertise are required:
- Vector Control: Universal coverage of Long-Lasting Insecticide Nets through: (i) mass campaign and (ii) distribution at Antenatal Clinics (ANCs) and expanded Programme for Immunisation (EPI); IRS
- Intermittent Preventive Treatment in Pregnancy
- Entomological monitoring
- Malaria diagnosis and case management;
- Integrated Community Case Management of Malaria (iCCM)
- Pharmaceutical Supply Management
- Distribution of ACTs through the private sector;
- Scale up Behaviour Change Communication (BCC) and Information, Education and Communication (IEC) for increased uptake of malaria control interventions;
- Capacity building of private sector to improve malaria diagnosis and case management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of malaria control and experience in managing a malaria program.
- Sound technical knowledge of malaria and vector control policy and context in South Sudan or another similar context
- 10 or more years’ relevant experience managing large scale development grants, preferably focusing on Health and Malaria.
- MD or PhD in epidemiology or related discipline with Master’s degree in public health, international health, social sciences or other related discipline.
- Proven track record of successful Global Fund (GFATM) funded program management, including management of multi-activity projects, complicated logistics and large budgets, as well as health products & medical commodities.
- At least 5 years of supervisory experience, including performance evaluation, coaching and mentoring. staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
- Travel – Must be willing and able to travel
- Experience managing Global Fund grant, preferred.
- Knowledge & experience of Partnership strategy and Partner Capacity Building.
You’ll be working with Crown Agents which is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
About what’s on offer
Crown Agents offers a competitive benefits package.
How to apply