Livestock Productivity and Marketing Lead
POSITION TITLE: Livestock Productivity and Marketing Lead
LOCATION: Juba, South Sudan
REPORTS TO: Chief of Party
Winrock International works with people around the world to increase economic opportunity, sustain natural resources, and protect the environment. Winrock is seeking an experienced Livestock Productivity and Marketing Lead to provide technical program design and leadership for an anticipated USAID-funded Agriculture Resiliency Activity in South Sudan.
The Livestock Productivity and Marketing Lead will be responsible for the technical design, implementation, and partnership strategy for the anticipated USAID-funded Agriculture Resiliency Activity. S/he will lead a team toward facilitated approaches to improve livestock and poultry production and marketing.
The project will build off USAID’s past investments in the agricultural sector, increasing the amount, variety, and quality of nutritious food bought and sold at local markets. It also aims to create more jobs on farms and at markets and promote healthy eating and feeding behaviors for families. The position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding.
- Provide technical leadership to activities that improve livestock and poultry productivity, which include but is not limited to animal health and nutrition, husbandry and breeding practices, herd management, and feed.
- Design, test and scale market-led mechanisms to promote and deliver inputs and services to livestock producers.
- Develop partnerships to increase year-round access to affordable and high quality animal feed.
- Design embedded extension solutions to facilitate the transfer of improved livestock and poultry rearing practices to producers.
- Improve learning and adoption of technologies and practices.
- Identify market and business enabling barriers to livestock sector competitiveness including live animals, meat, milk, skins and hides, and work with project partners and stakeholders to develop private-sector led solutions.
- Identify capacity gaps across the broad range of livestock market system actors, and facilitate capacity building plans and access to training services.
- Design and implement a market-led strategy that incentivizes private sector investment.
- Identify and work closely with lead and intermediate private sector firms, building their capacity on firm-led services reaching pastoralist communities
- Laisse closely with financial institutions, end-markets, and service providers to increase pastoralist access to markets.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
Education: Advanced degree in degree in veterinary science, agronomy or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of practical experience in livestock production and marketing
- Demonstrated understanding of the economic, social, and cultural dynamics of pastoralist production systems in South Sudan.
- Demonstrated networks and trust relations with pastoralist communities.
- Demonstrated track record of working with service providers in the livestock sector, including veterinary and input services.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Demonstrated strong writing and oral presentation skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong team player
How to apply
Qualified candidates should submit their CV and cover letter via the Winrock careers page at: https://www.winrock.org/join-us/careers/job-openings/?gh_jid=4999443002&…